Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crocking a brisket page 3

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by EMonger View Post
    Instead of the adobo or in addition to? And would you use the slow cooker or roaster, and with or without the rack?
    If you put the veggies on the bottom of the slow cooker and put the roast on top it works best, no need for a rack. The pepper might be too much in addition to the adobo but there are few dishes that can't be improved by adding onions and garlic. I would think those would go well with adobo.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    I don't add any liquid when I make mine in the slow cooker. Brisket and mushrooms both release enough water and fat. No extra liquid needed,

EMonger is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    I don't add any liquid when I make mine in the slow cooker. Brisket and mushrooms both release enough water and fat. No extra liquid needed,
    Everybody who said there would be plentiful liquid was right. I added some wine and enough water to surround, but not cover, the veggies. When I pulled it from the oven, there was more liquid than I wanted.
    I used the oven, because the brisket was huge and I didn't want to cut it up. It turned out tender, but not fall-apart, and the wine overpowered the adobo, because I couldn't taste it at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123