Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else struggling with bread? page 2

maranne is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Thanks everyone for the advice and kind words! I totally agree about the addiction part and I hope I can be strong enough to kick the habit.

If I eat bread it is usually 1 slice and that's that. I am not eating any added sugar, no sodas or stuff like that. I feel confident I can kick that too!

M x

Agnieszka Guest

I too will give the cauliflower crust recipe a try. It looks delicious.

maba is offline Senior Member

I just found this grain-free bread recipe, sounds great:

http://www.guideforselfhealing.com/2...-can-be-tasty/

jostle is offline Senior Member

I've never really liked bread, but before going primal I would frequently eat a "Dough boy" tin of biscuits probably every other weekend. Since going primal, I have found that Coconut flour drop biscuits as a replacement and they taste tons better than the store biscuits. I've made these a couple times for friends and family and they always ask for the recipe. The recipe I use is from Tiana-Coconut, http://www.tiana-coconut.com/coconut_flour_recipes.htm . There's also a bread recipe at the top of that page, which I'm sure is tasty based on the biscuit results. I usually hold the salt just as a personal preference i don't like salt too much in my food.

Diana,

For the pizza have you tried Marks Egg plant pizza recipe, http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-pr...nutes-or-less/. Even before I was doing primal eating I used to make that all the time, since it tastes so good. I think the pizza recipe is actually how I stumbled upon this site.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

jostle, those are the recipes that have been eluding me! What I've been trying to find or to make.

Thanks.

Catalina is offline Member

Maba and Jostle...thanks for those websites. I bookmarked both!

DirewolfX Guest

I gave the cauliflower crust pizza recipe a try, but the crust turned out soggy and didn't come off the parchment paper in one piece without a metal spatula. Did anyone else try it? Have you been able to get the crust crispy and/or to stay together better?

Otherwise, it tasted delicious.

PattySt Guest

Maranne...I totaly get it about the voice calling your name from the bread/chocolate/wine! it practically screams!!!

This is my first week going primal...I had previously give up all but toast & peanut butter in the mornings. It was really hard to give that up as well, but after a week I'm doing well. I don't really have cravings, but I have to force myself to make something different for breakfast.

Good luck with all these yummy suggestions!

Chunster495 is offline Member

I've tried the cauliflower pizza crust and my first attempt came out soggier than I'd like... I got it down much better now... basically, you have to flip it and rebake the other side and it becomes much better.

Also, I find this other recipe a bit better than the cauliflower crust:

2 cups whole or part-skim organic mozzarella cheese, shredded

2 large organic eggs

2 tablespoons golden flax meal (optional)

2 tablespoons coconut flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Preparation:

Mix cheese, eggs, flax meal (if using), coconut flour, and baking powder. Spread with a spatula to 1/4" thickness on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes on 350 degrees, flipping halfway through the baking process. Remove from oven, slide off of parchment paper, and flip over again onto the pan so the crust cools with the pretty side up. Once crust is cooled, top with sauce, pre-cooked veggies or meats, and cheese. Broil on high for 2 minutes, or until cheese topping is melted and bubbly.

maranne is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hey..good advice all around and great suggestions! Thanks!

I am back in Austria and living with my family for the time being who are not against going Primal per se but will need time to adjust to it. Austria is the land of bread and cake....so...I am having a major challenge at my hands!

So far reducing how much I eat in terms of grain is my challenge and I am ok with it for now. Until I have full control about what I eat this will have to do.

M x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast