Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal philosophy page

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb Primal philosophy

Society is far from perfect, but I never thought that in the span of a couple of millennia it could have been corrupted to such a deep extent, the inevitable result of ignorance accumulated through the ages.

Here are the main achievements of our culture:

*Diet: Obesity and cancer skyrocketing, pretty much any contemporary disease has to do with our modern diet rich in sugars and toxins

*Exercise: Sedentarism is the rule, exercise is seen as work and the general health is so bad that being overweight is now the rule

*Sleep: Monophasic sleep has destroyed the only piece of free time we ever enjoyed and prevented us from waking up refreshed, stress is a way of life

*Emotions: You can't cry in public, the world expect us to repress our emotions, things are felt the way they tell us, depression is so common that being happy is considered abnormal

*Sexuality: People actively trying to make people feel shame about their bodily functions, regretting the best moments of their life and their natural tendencies, nobody asking why

*Religion: Evolved superstitions who make otherwise sane persons act irrationally, hurting themselves and others in the name of their god, waiting for a nonexistent better life while wasting the only one they have

*Philosophy: Money equals happiness, either as an end or a mean most people live to work, the search for happiness is overlooked and seen as egoism

As Mark said himself, this is more than just health, but a way of life. This is the logical development of his ideas, combined with mine as they're part of the same thing.

And of what thing am I talking about? I'm talking about undoing everything society has brought us, I'm talking about returning to our physical, psychological and rational origins, to get back our health, our wellbeing and above all our sanity.

Since the advent of agriculture our diet has been worsening, sedentarism came a little later, sleep started to worse when people stopped taking naps and then decided to sleep late and monophasically thanks to artificial light.

Culturally, society has developed a complex repressive system to force individuals to keep their feelings for themselves, dramatically increasing depression rates and making shame a standard. Sex and nudity is almost universally rejected in public, and most people enjoying it in private regret it, and that's without talking of the children and their forever unanswered questions.

Religion has developed past simple superstition to complex stories passed from generation to generation, worsening the life of millions and causing all sorts of ordeals. Philosophy now is about doing things right instead of wrong, trying to fix the horrible lifestyle that makes us desire to do evil and forgetting the fact that life is something to enjoy, not to suffer

The society we're living in is the worst one that has ever existed, or it would be if it weren't for the medical advancements and security we enjoy in the developed world, however in the rest of the world they're suffering one of the worst dystopias imaginable, and most of them are accepting their fate.

Call me by the name you like most, but society is corrupt and I won't resign to it anymore, cultural inertia is too powerful to be solved in the span of a lifetime, nobody of us has long enough telomeres to survive until that moment, but at least we can individually return to our origins and enjoy our lives like we never thought was possible, helping future generations to live life at its fullest.

wiltondeportes Guest
    You act like everyone experiences all of these problems. There are plenty of people in our society who get along just fine without having ever heard of primal. Broaden your perspective.

Also, human nature is corruptness. I'm sure there were just as many conspiracies back in the day over killing tribal leaders and things of that ilk.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-01-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Well, I've been far too poetic, but it sells!

And I'm being metaphoric, paleolithic life without medical services and security wasn't better that today's society.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    And yet, just by being unlike modern society you create your own. You don't need to move away or reject it, just to change the way you think.
    Principles I live by:
    -Say what you mean.
    -Do as you must.
    -Try and keep on the right side of the law.
    -Always think things through twice.
    -Don't hold onto things. Aim to have no regrets, but, if you DO regret something, don't let it haunt you.
    -Likewise, don't hold onto objects or people. Be willing to let everything go. If it doesn't need or want to be part of your life any more, there's no need to worry about it or try and keep it.
    -Don't stress about what others think or do; it's their life to fuck up.
    -Enjoy yourself.
    -Regardless of the above, keep safe, survive and reproduce above all. It's your biological function. Other humans are your competitors, not your equals. Their children are not your children. Disregard all principles where survival or reproduction is compromised.

If you live as above, you don't need to move out of the city or become a hermit. You don't need a book on how to live, or advice on what is natural and right. You'd just be following your instincts and anyone non-instinctive would very quickly stop being part of your life or become removed from certain areas of your life. You'd have made your own little "society" and it works pretty damn well.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    -Try and keep on the right side of the law.
    !!!?!?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    If you live as above, you don't need to move out of the city or become a hermit. You don't need a book on how to live, or advice on what is natural and right. You'd just be following your instincts and anyone non-instinctive would very quickly stop being part of your life or become removed from certain areas of your life. You'd have made your own little "society" and it works pretty damn well.
    That's the idea, to create a little utopia for myself and my loved ones, it wouldn't make sense to become a hermit or to reject society entirely.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    !!!?!?
    For my own sake and that of others, SOME respect for their wellbeing is necessary. Beyond legal requirements, I have little-to-no morals and no affection for other humans, so I try and do the legal minimum to not hurt them.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Owen is online now Senior Member
    Imagine the combination of modern medicine (infection control, pain releif, etc) and higher living standards, with ancestral health principles. Thats were we could be heading and that is very exciting. Wonderful in fact. Many of the negative elements of modern living could be a thing of the past.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Imagine the combination of modern medicine (infection control, pain releif, etc) and higher living standards, with ancestral health principles. Thats were we could be heading and that is very exciting. Wonderful in fact. Many of the negative elements of modern living could be a thing of the past.
    There's nothing stopping you from living in that world tomorrow.

This whole "civilization sucks" stuff is too much whining without any doing.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    We'd have to physically exterminate the financier class, the media sorcerers, and anyone still clinging to the idea of owning land.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast