Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal philosophy page 7

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Well, personally I haven't ever been attacked by an animal or the member of another tribe, so I guess that this must be a positive thing.

Agree with the corruption issue.

About my point it is simple, stay with the advantages of modern society like medicine and security while enjoying all the lost health of the paleolithic and deconstructing every single cultural issue for efficiency and emotional enhancement sake
    Ok, we're on the same page.

I just realized you're only 15. Good for you. I was a sports addict at your age.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Morals and ethics dissolve under the light of reason.

M.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Reason dissolves when I ejaculate
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    No, I'm not scared of violence. Violence is natural and easy to fight. I'm scared of repression. The concept of being inhibited, limited, imprisoned terrifies me. Violence is ordinary, easy to see, to understand, to control. A cage is just a cage.

Not Hobbesian per se. That would imply I believe it correct. I'm more tribal. I believe modern society is too big, too connected. It can only function under repression because humans are too different and too detached. We were never meant to live like this. What humans need is small tribes of 5-10 families, where we can share experiences, know each other and interact as the animals we are. In that scenario, whilst I still wouldn't like the people around me, at least I would bond to them more easily, or even be able to move into a tribe more suited to myself. I would be of service to them without requiring a law, as we would be able to understand each other and negotiate without fear anyone we don't know may get involved. Keep it personal and law wouldn't be required.

My ethic code is basically the only one hardwired into all humans, the only one you don't have to be taught: survive and reproduce. Besides that, all ethics are are rationalizations which allow people to excuse their own guilt and attempt to make society more like them. I'm not fussed about that. As I don't care what society does, I don't care what I do to society. My only aim in life is to live, be free and breed. I don't need to write up a code to live by. That would just make me feel bad when I inevitably broke my own code. The law keeps me participating in society functionally, which allowed me to meet my fiance and will allow me to earn money, move away and have children. It also keeps those around me happy to help me reach those goals, as I haven't harmed them. The law is the bare minimum to act by because it's the only thing that is universal.
    When I'm with family, I act a certain way. When with my fiance, I act another way. When on my own, also. My expression is flexible as different humans require different forms of interaction. Similarly, my ethics are so flexible and situational they are non-existent. The law is the only constant I need to follow (or attempt/pretend to follow).
    Very interesting actually...
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-04-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Queen, ABBA and Alphaville

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post

M.
    Indeed. There isn't one law, one ethic, one value that is eternally true. All are subject to change. To attempt to create a code for yourself will only be stressful by your attempting to keep it and cause you harm when you inevitably break it. There is no Christian who hasn't sinned, no fruitarian who hasn't eaten cooked food, no citizen/subject who hasn't at least trod on the boundaries of the law.

I very much value the ability to do whatever I need to and not hesitate over it (beyond the reasonable assessment, of course) or worry about feeling guilty afterwards. No internal repercussions.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post

M.
    Wait a moment... what the???

Kochin, why do you believe the point to life is to reproduce? I think maybe we are at a fundamental disagreement there.

what makes you think there is purpose at all? People with many descendents are still dead
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Miguel, can you define the following terms for me?

I am curious how you see the following:

Class
    Race
    Culture
    Economy
    Freedom
    Violence

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Deriving a 'Primal Philosophy' might be interesting. Would you all like to take a try?

Refering to the subject 'Primal' would mean 'for today', not the paleolitic age. However we could start with the paleolitic hunter-gatherers and work from there. What would their philosophy of life have been? Next we could discuss how to update that philosophy to current time, understanding that we'd probably have to determine a lot of changes to today's life, laws and culture which could, at least in theory, realistically be made.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Wait a moment... what the???
    I'm going to guess that he means when you examine morals and ethics long enough, you come to find out that there are almost no organic morals or ethics at all. They're mostly all human-made.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast