Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal philosophy page 3

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Fuck that noise dude- technology allows for radical seperation from the power structures of the earth and independence from monopolist structures that force reliance on their food, energy, dispute arbitration, and status.

I think the problem with "philosophies" is that too few philosophers love wisdom, and too many love assocations, books, words, labels, and the status that others afford them. (Thus Spoke Zarathustra dude, on the scholars)

People just need to start over- people get wrapped up in how to adapt this or that concept-model to this-or-that resource-allocation model. Fuck all that legacy of the ignorant dead. Start from the center- you, as mankind. You need living space, food, the earth and its ecosystems, other humans and their relationships. How to acquire them? How to construct them? Aligned with what? Toward what? For what?

Sorry, seriously, how can you be at the same time amoral, communist and animalistic, it's like if I told you that Hitler was humanitarian, pacifist AND Hitler at the same time, it just doesn't make any sense.
    I have no idea what this means.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Fuck that noise dude- technology allows for radical seperation from the power structures of the earth and independence from monopolist structures that force reliance on their food, energy, dispute arbitration, and status.

I think the problem with "philosophies" is that too few philosophers love wisdom, and too many love assocations, books, words, labels, and the status that others afford them. (Thus Spoke Zarathustra dude, on the scholars)

People just need to start over- people get wrapped up in how to adapt this or that concept-model to this-or-that resource-allocation model. Fuck all that legacy of the ignorant dead. Start from the center- you, as mankind. You need living space, food, the earth and its ecosystems, other humans and their relationships. How to acquire them? How to construct them? Aligned with what? Toward what? For what?

You agree with Nietzsche? That changes everything! High five!

Though I would like to hear your explanation of this:

For my own sake and that of others, SOME respect for their wellbeing is necessary. Beyond legal requirements, I have little-to-no morals and no affection for other humans, so I try and do the legal minimum to not hurt them.

Moreover, I agree with your quote completely, philosophy nowadays is too shallow, I know what's reflecting on the big things of life like ethics and metaphysics and I can see that nowadays stupid inductions can be considered philosophy, by those standards I would be more prolific than all the important philosophers of history combined, and that's not true of course.
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-02-2013 at 09:55 AM. Reason: OCD

That isn't my quote, it was some other guy that I was quoting.

It was in response to my shock and laughter at his idea that "staying on the right side of the law" was a healthy personal philosophy.

Against that I postulate that the law is a means by which the property-holding classes compel a labor population to adapt their behavior to their political, economic and social aims, and therefore not at all a foundation for any kind of morality or right living.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

haha "reason: OCD"!

That isn't my quote, it was some other guy that I was quoting.

It was in response to my shock and laughter at his idea that "staying on the right side of the law" was a healthy personal philosophy.

Against that I postulate that the law is a means by which the property-holding classes compel a labor population to adapt their behavior to their political, economic and social aims, and therefore not at all a foundation for any kind of morality or right living.
    Yes, Nietzsche, that's why it is a quote

As Hobbes thought, the state is pretty much the sword that compensates the lack of morality of people, in practice people are moral, but the moral voids are usually filled by the fear of that very sword, the rest is corruption and "evilness" or whatever you call it.

So, you're not amoral then! Now that I thought that I had found my first Hobbesian!
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-02-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: OCD

haha "reason: OCD"!
    Yes, that way you can see my mood without abusing emoticons, now I'm OCDish
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-02-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Compulsive editing of posts disorder

Yes, Nietzsche, that's why it is a quote

As Hobbes thought, the state is pretty much the sword that compensates the lack of morality of people, in practice people are moral, but the moral voids are usually filled by the fear of that very sword, the rest is corruption and "evilness" or whatever you call it.
    Did you misquote then? I am still confused.

fuck hobbes though.

Did you misquote then? I am still confused.

fuck hobbes though.
    Misquote what? And my question was that if you reject morality, how can you be both communist and animalistic? There's no confusion here I think.
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-02-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Un-confusing people

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    'oh, this guy was a nice painter AND he liked dogs! his name? oh.... it was hitler'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Yeah where are you getting this, "I reject morality" thing, or "communist animalist...?" That is why I am confused. I never used any of those words...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast