Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Primal philosophy page 11

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Wait a sec... Do you mean that there's no "why?" of morality, just like intuition and that it will always be? I mean, I think that I have discovered the "why" of morality, and even if I hadn't I think that there must be one.

P.S: Sorry for the bad my-reply-to-yours ratio, but I don't need to use lots of words for my arguments on this matter, so far
    There are different levels of morality. Behind every single logical reason to be something or do something, you have to make at least one assumption. That is that you want to survive.

If you don't want to survive in any form (including by meme, which would be a martyr or sacrificed soldier's driving belief), then you are amoral.

Let's hear your 'why' for morality though.

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    I'm afraid I'm not following you.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    There are different levels of morality. Behind every single logical reason to be something or do something, you have to make at least one assumption. That is that you want to survive.

If you don't want to survive in any form (including by meme, which would be a martyr or sacrificed soldier's driving belief), then you are amoral.

Let's hear your 'why' for morality though.

Well, guess I'll show my cards:
    Straight flush

Wish I could save the game of life at this point in case that I regret it
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-11-2013 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Flying space cats

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Well, guess I'll show my cards:
    Straight flush

Wish I could save the game of life at this point in case that I regret it
    Ah ha!
    You: want to feel an emotion (happiness); therefore you survive
    I: feel emotional (intuitively) about a conclusion (survival); therefore I feel happy in achievement of said goal

We're saying the same thing, but your explanation is prettier than mine. I'll probably have to adopt it after I check for any minor differences and loopholes.

I have to admit that you had the head start on philosophy. I hadn't gone into great depths with it because it was too intuitive to be at the top of my priorities.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-12-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Ah ha!
    You: want to feel an emotion (happiness); therefore you survive
    I: feel emotional (intuitively) about a conclusion (survival); therefore I feel happy in achievement of said goal

We're saying the same thing, but your explanation is prettier than mine. I'll probably have to adopt it after I check for any minor differences and loopholes.

I have to admit that you had the head start on philosophy. I hadn't gone into great depths with it because it was too intuitive to be at the top of my priorities.
    Yay! Another convert to my dark amoralistic sect! Wanna burn an orphanage later? You know, for happiness!

P.S: Of course, I'm kidding, that would be "unethical"

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    "when life is ascending, happiness is the same as instinct." -nietzsche

Ima get to work on them definitions later, spaniard. Haha can you do like, a better job with them?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    "when life is ascending, happiness is the same as instinct." -nietzsche

Ima get to work on them definitions later, spaniard. Haha can you do like, a better job with them?
    "when life is descending, happiness is the same as [insert your word here]"
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-16-2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: YMCA

[...corporations tell you."]
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Possibly...
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 06-16-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Hive mind

fact

haha pick a modern memetic expression of "the good life" and I will show you a corporate lifestyle commercial.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Money, but I want 3 blatant and recent examples

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast