Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want cold cereal with milk! best option that isnt a calorie bomb? page

candy corn is offline Member

I want cold cereal with milk! best option that isnt a calorie bomb?

Shop Now
    Every recipe i see around for cold cereal involves a ridiculous amount of nuts. which only leads to a huge calorie intake from nuts if you fill up a bowl.

I really miss cold cereal and would like some that isnt a total caloric train wreak. high carb low fat doesn't matter.

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    any sotres around you sell envirokids koala krisps or erehwon cereals?

erehwon brown rice cereal is awesome and i eat it occasionally.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Most GF cereals that you'll find in stores are pretty tasty and low in calories. I like the Envirokidz brand and even Chex makes several GF varieties with minimal ingredients; the rice Chex is delish, as is the chocolate variety. My husband eats all of these regularly with goat's milk.

I would not try to go the nut + seed Paleo granola/cereal route. You're right about them being calorie bombs!!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    I would probably go with plain puffed rice and add berries/cinnamon/vanilla.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

peppermint is offline Member
    If you won't do nuts, start with berries and milk (cream?) and add the rice cereal to get your crunch. At least then youre getting some real nutrition and not just eating rice.

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    A work mate eats paleo for the most part and eats cereal at his desk occasionally. Something called Chia Granola, which he has with coconut milk.
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    The gluten free rice chex is great. I have it every 3rd morning with Horizon org milk and half a banana.
    It satisfies that cereal lover in me, yet it doesn't make me crave any more carbs.

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    Dehydrated strawberries have a nice crisp crunch to them that mimics a flaky cereal. Sometimes I'll buy a bag and eat some in a bowl with either raw milk or light cream.

Katblack is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about cold cereal, but I will boil some cubed boniato in water or milk, when they are tender I just plate it (add milk) and serve with fresh banana's. Boniato's are slightly sweet, so they it's pretty tasty on it's own. You can add anything to the mixture: raisin, cherries, etc. I think you can try it cold, I just never thought to eat it that way.
    You don't have to be sick to get well

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I managed to switch my DD to gluten-free Chex (not even the unflavored varieties) and after a while she just lost interest in cereal altogether. I think once wheat is out of the equation, it gets easier to just move on to non-grain alternatives. She has eggs or yogurt and berries for breakfast now and the Chex are getting stale.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast