Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I want cold cereal with milk! best option that isnt a calorie bomb? page 3

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lots of awesome ideas in this thread. I actually make a "cereal" every night for dessert. It's not a calorie-bomb, but it's pretty high carb (over 60g), so it may not be what you're looking for. Here's the recipe:

1/3 C banana chips, chopped
    1/4 C raisins (fresh raspberries work well, too)
    1 square 70% dark chocolate, chopped
    1/2 TBSP coconut oil
    1 TBSP raw honey

Mix it all together and you're good to go. Super easy and quick to prepare. You could definitely add some raw milk or coconut milk and it'd be pretty good.

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    Lots of awesome ideas in this thread. I actually make a "cereal" every night for dessert. It's not a calorie-bomb, but it's pretty high carb (over 60g), so it may not be what you're looking for. Here's the recipe:

1/3 C banana chips, chopped
    1/4 C raisins (fresh raspberries work well, too)
    1 square 70% dark chocolate, chopped
    1/2 TBSP coconut oil
    1 TBSP raw honey

Mix it all together and you're good to go. Super easy and quick to prepare. You could definitely add some raw milk or coconut milk and it'd be pretty good.
    reading this it just hit me. I have a bag of Turbana sweet plantain chips in the kitchen so i grabbed a handful out of the bag tossed them in a bowl and poured some milk on them. totally looked and tasted liek sugar coated corn flakes it was ridiculous.

good call sir

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    I'm just throwing this out there ... never tried it myself but I saved the recipe from a while back. It's a "cereal" with fruit and nut but mostly vegetable.

Raw Fruity Pebbles | Heather's Creative Concoctions

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Steak and eggs.
    Nice.
    But kind of true.
    I find no matter what I crave,
    This hits the spot!
    Don't you?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Ok so I saw some freeze-dried strawberries at the store today and picked some up. I added it to my milk and it was pretty interesting! I'd definitely eat it again as a cereal-like replacement. The only ingredient was strawberries... They were a bit sour! But I liked them a lot.
    In the baking aisle Bob's Red Mill sometimes has cranberries, dates, apples, etc. but that's getting into calorie bomb territory.
    34//6'3"/180

Lots of: urban hiking, cycling, sprinting
    Lots of: fresh meat, seafood, eggs, organs, tubers, starch fruits, vegetables, meat fat, dairy fat, oil fruits
    Some: cured meat, dairy protein, sweet fruits, rice, pulses, tree nuts, oil seeds
    Minimal: soy, refined proteins, sugar, liquid carbohydrate, grains, refined oils, peanuts

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Nice.
    But kind of true.
    I find no matter what I crave,
    This hits the spot!
    Don't you?
    Yup! Its just that no matter what "craving" you got.... just make yourself eat some eggs or steak then ask yourself if your really still hungry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123