Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: my diet and why i'm doing it page 4

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by awok677 View Post
    THIS. So much this. While I'm working at my own body issues, much of my life revolves around my father and doing what I can with what I'm learning to improve his mental health. It's slow and almost impossible to measure in any meaningful way, but I have family (brother and sister-in-law) and friends who are supportive of my efforts and that helps. We have seen improvements and even holding station with Alzheimer's is a win and that makes it worthwhile.

You and Paleobird both help to keep me motivated, seeing people who have not only taken control of their nutrition, but made things happen. I also want to thank you for all the info you put up as well as your positive approach. Good show!
    I read about your love and care for your dad, and changes that provide quality of life are just as important. It is true that many of us don't encounter the right information, sadly when we do we don't always recognise it.
    I'm glad i was able to do both. Ultimately it may be too late for me but at the very basic of levels if I am dying I'd rather feel the best that I can while I'm doing it.I have found inspiration from many folks here and am glad mine does the same
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    You are a fighter CarbDodger!!

You could also check into a medication called Symlin. I'm not sure if it's prescribed to type 2's or not. It helps to slow down digestion to have less of a spike in blood sugar and also decreases appetite. I haven't tried it because I have type 1 and I take insulin. I'm a little scared of it because I'm more likely to have a low blood sugar and if Symlin is in your system a low blood sugar can be hard to treat.

Keep fighting!!!
    Thanks for your comments , much appreciated. I sympathise, diabetes is a bitch.I'm like you in a way even though Im not type 1, im not type 2 either .
    Hypos become a real issue on insulin to the extent I had to have an insulin pump removed after 5 days during a trial in hospital - where even the Drs had a big issue controlling it with an IV. I suspect symlin would provoke a similar response. This is why I'm trying for a 'reset'
    thanks for the suggestion though, i look at everything.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234