Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal: My Body Revival page

PRO199 is offline Senior Member

Journal: My Body Revival

Hi, my name is Patrick
    Today I have decided(again) to accept responsibility for my health and try to undo the harm I've done to my body over many many years.

Today I stand 47 years old and weigh in at 304.2 pounds. I've posted some pictures of my less-than healthy body taken just this morning. They can be seen here -> My Profile/Album

I've read the Primal Blueprint, I am excited about what I've read and the progress I will achieve putting what I've learned to task. With it as my guide, I embark on My Body Revival!

Looking forward to this journey which I embark on with my wife (albeit she won't go primal), to learning from the MDA family, and sharing My Body Revival as it unfolds.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Good Luck Patrick! We are here to support you. My husband isn't Primal either, but 2.5 years in he seems to be changing his mind.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Good Luck Patrick! We are here to support you. My husband isn't Primal either, but 2.5 years in he seems to be changing his mind.
    Thanks Paula! I'll certainly need the support and wisdom on the primal ways.
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

My Day: 6-1-2013

I had a good first day here. My wife & I woke up and went for a brisk 2-mile walk. Understand that 'brisk' for me is 40 minutes to complete that walk.

I ate only 43 grams of carbs within my 1800 calorie day. Grilled some country style pork ribs for dinner, mighty tasty.

This evening we went to the movies to see Hangover III, funny but didn't live up to he hype. The worst part was the two plus hours of being accosted by the aroma of buttered popcorn with every breath. I definitely would've liked a tub of it, but I never came close to deciding to have one. The strength of day one determination, may it never fade again.
    Last edited by PRO199; 06-02-2013 at 04:21 PM.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member

keep on going

its certainly worth the effort
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Measurements: Primal Start

I made it a point to post starting pics in my profile (sorry for those with a quick gag reflex) but forgot to note my starting measurements, so here they are(in inches)...

Neck, 18.5 (double chin is growing south too fast)
    Chest, 55 (my moobs have got to go)
    Gut, 57.125 (the fattest slice of me, luv-handles around to the bulge that enters a room first)
    Waist, 49.75 (where I wish I really wore my jeans)
    Upper Arm, 19.5 (measured high up close to shoulder to get the fat-wing counted for)
    Forearm, 12.125 (not fatty here, maybe primal exercise will grow these)
    Wrist, 7.25 (no idea why I measured)
    Thigh, 29.25 (likewise measured high up to get the thunder-zone)
    Calf, 17.0 (expecting great results here)
    Last edited by PRO199; 06-02-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    its certainly worth the effort
    Indeed, we are worth it, Thanks!
    Your progress in 45 days, Impressive!!

Curiosity for today: SALT

As I grabbed a hard boiled egg today and dusted it with a shake ( ok 2 shakes ) of salt, I froze before enjoying; is salt good or bad in the eyes of primal? Half the egg in one hand while chewing the other half, my free hand took to surfing for answers.

Quickly I found this blog entry by Mark, salt-and-blood-pressure.

Seems salt is not a demonic or devine substance in general. The avoidance of the dangers a plenty that are processed-foods should greatly reduce our sodium intake. Therefore a salty shake or two when desired shouldn't be a concern. Good to know!

My Day: 6-2-2013

Spent a chunk of today doing busy work around the house. Nothing terribly strenuous but I was moving, getting up & down, etc for about 4 hours.

I ate 48 grams of carbs within my 1201 calorie day. Nowhere near the 2700 daily desired average caloric intake I calculated. Not sure why, but my appetite was absent today, a rare phenomenon for me. I'm used to a deep breath triggering cravings for pecan pie, a breeze inciting ravioli rage. I'm sure this appetite absence is temporary.

A buddy caught a mess of crappie and gave us three bags of fillets, well I traded him venison tenderloin and brats for the fish. Tonight I fried (no breading or batter) a bag and wow; the tasty-train roared in for dinner. I must admit the oil I used to fry, veggie. It's all I had enough of to fry with, I know it's a bad oil choice re: omegas and oxidation. I considered baking, but drying out these lovelies was not worth the risk.

Thus to sum up my full disclosure, my desire to make a change has begun but needs to include cleaning out the house and ushering in primal options.

And I shall, I promise!

Curiosity for today: STAIRS

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's Monday, back at work, the chasing of the dollar continues.

My job, I spend allot of time with my butt in a chair. The chair may be the one in the cubical I occupy, or another cubical if I choose to invade a neighbor, of one of a few dozen conference rooms across the office campus. In a days work I do get some movement in, generally when I walk from one chair to another. It's not enough to calculate any benefit of note however.

Now, what may matter is if I were to choose to use the stairs versus elevators. It takes maybe 0.1284 calories to ride the elevator from ground floor to my 3rd floor cubical. If I take the stairs, my best & conservative calculation is that I'd burn 15 calories to ascend these stairs.

Check my math please...

If I ascend these stairs 4 times a day, which I can do as I ride the elevator ground to 3rd floor at least that many times a day; then I'd burn 60 calories a day.

I work 230 days a year, whew too many, which equals 920 trips up these stairs annually.

My annual stair trips would see 13,800 calories burned a year. Allowing me a smidgen of rounding-up and all those trips would equal 4 pounds burned off just from taking the stairs at work.

Ok, perhaps using the stairs at work is not worthy of being the center-piece of my overall plan. But I'll take all the help I can get, and if I can help myself by taking the stairs, then I'd better step up and get busy using them.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast