PRO199 is offline Senior Member

My Day: 6-14-2013

FOOD, what I consumed...
    Calories 2085
    Fat 79 g
    Carbs 119 g
    Protein 126 g
    Water 136 fl oz
    Daily Calorie Composition: 28% from carbs, 42% from fat and 30% from protein.

Went to a graduation party after work today. Overall I was quite restrained compared my pre-PB days when attending parties. My higher carb count was do to a couple of corn tortillas I had with my pulled-chicken tacos and 2-beers. I passed on the refried beans and rice calling my name. Honestly, their call was weak. This being the end of my 2nd week of PB life, my appetite has caught up with my attitude and I'm finding it much easier to pass on by bad choices in my path. The dessert options, weren't even looked at; I knew they weren't going to kiss my lips so no need give them a look.

ACTIVITY, what I burned...
    Calories 2987
    Steps 6587
    Distance 3.02 miles
    Stairs 15 flights

No exercises today, just didn't make time. That, and my left knee is flaring with a gout attack. My previous journal post was about gout, which I decided to post because I knew an attack was settling in. Damn gout, a real pisser. My attacks are a mystery as to where they will land; knees, big toe and thumbs are most frequent, elbows and wrists occasionally. Two, maybe three times a year. This is my second of 2013, had a right elbow attack in January.

Attacks start weak and slowly rise to full intensity over 24-36 hours. That slow rise is actually convenient as it allows me to react to try and stunt the intensity and duration. Taking in gobs and gobs of water and anti-inflammatory drugs while reducing the fatty/sugary foods. That's been my counter-attack for years and what I'm doing now. For attacks, I didn't learn anything on MDA to suggest handling an attack any differently. Long term, getting healthy and staying there should reduce the number of attack I suffer annually.
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

My Week: 6/10 to 6/16/2013

My weekly Fitbit stats...
    6/10/2013 to 6/16/2013

TOTAL STEPS 70,278
    DAILY AVERAGE 10,040 steps

TOTAL DISTANCE 32.23 miles
    DAILY AVERAGE 4.60 miles

TOTAL FLOORS CLIMBED 114
    DAILY AVERAGE 16 floors

TOTAL CALS BURNED 24,661
    DAILY AVERAGE 3,523 cals

CALORIES IN VS OUT -11606
    WEEKLY TOTAL
    24661 cals burned
    13055 cals eaten

WEIGHT CHANGE -2.0 lb
    Last edited by PRO199; 06-26-2013 at 06:25 AM.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Good stats - congratulations!
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

NSV: Belt Progress

Thought I would share a Non Scale Victory today.
    I am now, after 19 days on the PB, able to comfortably use the second hole on my belt. For eons I have been first hole, and honestly for a long while I needed to but a bigger belt to wear my trousers in comfort. But now, this belt is all good on hole two
    belt_1 to 2hole.JPG

Ok, that picture may not appear as if I am comfortable as my gut still spills over my belt. But trust me, I am so much more comfortable there than 19 days ago!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Isn't it great to see solid progress! I'll never forget the feeling of slipping easily into clothes that I thought were forever too small for me...and then having them become too large...
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

My Week 6/17 to 6/23/2013

My Fitbit weekly stats...
    6/17/2013 to 6/23/2013

TOTAL STEPS 75,612
    DAILY AVERAGE 10,802 steps

TOTAL DISTANCE 34.69 miles
    DAILY AVERAGE 4.96 miles

TOTAL FLOORS CLIMBED 36
    DAILY AVERAGE 5 floors

TOTAL CALS BURNED 25,603
    DAILY AVERAGE 3,658 cals

CALORIES IN VS OUT -15707
    WEEKLY TOTAL
    25603 cals burned
    9896 cals eaten

WEIGHT CHANGE -2.6 lb

A good week, and challenging one with more graduation parties to tempt me into bad choice syndrome (I think it is a real disease, at least it is in my head).

Had to back off of the stairs for much of the week due to nagging knee issues exacerbated by gout. That has passed now so need to get back after the stairs this week.

Started an exercise program at the YMCA with my son this week; we go twice a week for eight weeks. Much of the exercises are using body weight only, or resistance bands/ropes. Allot of push up, squat, lunge based exercises. My arms are like noodles and legs are just pissed off at me right now.

After three weeks of this journey I am down 12.2 pounds, using that second belt hole, and feeling a bit better in my clothes. A long way to go, and I'm not going to rush attaining my desired goal weight of 199 pounds. If I maintain good choices, if I continue to embrace primal habits, I am confident my body will find its desired weight and shape.

My Week 6/24 to 6/30/2013

6/24/2013 to 6/30/2013

TOTAL STEPS 79,706
    DAILY AVERAGE 11,387 steps

TOTAL DISTANCE 36.55 miles
    DAILY AVERAGE 5.22 miles

TOTAL FLOORS CLIMBED 78
    DAILY AVERAGE 11 floors

TOTAL CALS BURNED 25,696
    DAILY AVERAGE 3,671 cals

CALORIES IN VS OUT -14921
    WEEKLY TOTAL
    25696 cals burned
    10775 cals eaten

WEIGHT CHANGE -3.4 lb

Challenging week considering time spent on a long weekend in Chicago celebrating the Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks. Turned out to generate allot of cardio via walking, jogging. Ate quite well considering the minefield of temptations. My carb intake was up, but only one day above 150 grams.

Working out with the trainer at the YMCA is grueling and a blast. No doubt benefiting from that investment.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the weight loss! That is terrific! And working out will help you move things around, bodywise. It's all good.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

My Week: 7/1 to 7/7/2013

7/1/2013 to 7/7/2013

TOTAL STEPS 63,430
    DAILY AVERAGE 9,061 steps

TOTAL DISTANCE 29.10 miles
    DAILY AVERAGE 4.16 miles

TOTAL FLOORS CLIMBED 51
    DAILY AVERAGE 7 floors

TOTAL CALS BURNED 23,491
    DAILY AVERAGE 3,356 cals

CALORIES IN VS OUT -11675
    WEEKLY TOTAL
    23,491 cals burned
    11,816 cals eaten

WEIGHT CHANGE -1.8 lb

A bit too much celebration was had over the 4th of July long weekend and various festivities planned. So very glad the long holiday weekend is over. While I did get in some exercise, I could have gotten more. And my eating, considering it was also my birthday weekend, was certainly not the best. It wasn't atrocious, but it wasn't on the same plan that saw June's fantastic results. Back to plan we go!

Happy 2014 New Year

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Happy New Year!

Yes, I haven't posted since July. Thus no surprise I regained the 20+ pounds I lost between June 1 and July 9, 2013 plus 3.6 pounds.

The ticker in my signature is correct, today I start 2014 weighing 307.8

What I have learned over the years, whether it is applying the primal blueprint, or any other plan to lose weight (and I have tried many plans over more than two decades); is that success has less to do with the plan as it does with the desire of the participant to achieve success.

I firmly believe the primal blueprint is the right plan, the right behaviors for a healthy mind and body. My failure in 2013 to succeed in what I said I desired to achieve is that I did not truly desire it.

True Desire possesses the self-dependability to take actions needed to make continuous progress...
    the courage to adjust actions to overcome the journeys temptations and challenges...
    the endurance to work as hard and as long as needed to achieve your true desire.

My 2014 starts with this realization, and an affirmation to pursue yet again losing weight / adding muscle until I weigh 199 pounds or less.

Let's see whether I really just want it, or, truly desire it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast