Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal: My Body Revival page 3

PRO199 is offline Senior Member

My Day: 6-5-2013

Primal Fuel
    My day consumed 1452 calories, of that 45 grams were carbs.

My carb intake since starting my primal journey on June 1st has been all high-quality primal recommended food, veggies and some fruit. This signals I have the fortitude to succeed in changing my behavior, proves that I am not addicted to sugar to where I am dependent upon it to survive.

I can change, I CAN....
    I can live each day and choose to eat the right food
    I can act responsible for my health versus just thinking I ought to be responsible
    I can stand up to temptation and win the battle of will versus weakness

So, I can do this, and I WILL get my health back!
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

My Day: 6-6-2013

BAD...
    I went out with work mates after work, drank beer and ate bar food; all totaled 204 grams of carbs made up 1/3 of my calorie intake!
    Bad!

My Day: 6-7-2013

Friday was a rebound day of sorts, trying to get over the bad day that was Thursday. Friday saw me swallow 1658 delicious calories of which just 19 grams were carbs. A bunless-burger and leftover pheasant were some of my choices which made my day!

Feels good to know I limited my bad day to just that, one day. So many times a bad day became two, then a bad week, month, and more.

PROGRESS: Week 1

304.2 = Primal Starting Weight
    298.8 = Week 1 Ending Weight
    005.4 = Total Weight Lost

Week 1 Eating:
    For the week my macro-nutrient daily intakes averages were 53% Fat, 16% Carbs, 31% Protein... For carbs I average 66 grams a day. Just that one bad day on Thursday, which skewed up the results for carbs. I'll have to get over that gaff.

Week 1 Exercise:
    Nearly none, not good. Got one 2-mile walk in, no where near enough exercise to pretend I've grabbed on to the primal blueprint way of life. Thus my week one really looks more like someone choosing to go on the Atkins diet. I can fix that, I know I can!

All in all, I'm Off to a good start, all smiles here

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for visiting my journal, Pro! Your journal is great, I just read it from the beginning. I hope you stick around and have great success.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Just to comment on a few things: (I don't know how to do the multi-quote thing that everyone else is so good at.)

You've probably figured out some of this stuff already. Don't worry about an occasional bad day or bad meal. You will bounce right back. And when you get this primal thing right, cravings will be dramatically reduced if not non-existent. Is your wife on board? Or at least really supportive? It is very helpful to get rid of all temptation in your home. My own kitchen is totally primal which has saved me on numerous occasions. I have no grains, no sugar other than honey, no beans, no legumes.

Just knowing that low-carb flu exists will help you through it if it happens. When I was starting out I had a couple of times when I suffered - luckily I had this forum to help me, and having some sweet potatoes around the house fixed me right up. But many people never have it, and you might be one of those lucky ones.

Stairs - I run up and down the stairs multiple times during my work day - the elevator is usually not an option as it is too slow and out of the way. Even when I was SAD, I had a rock-hard bum. Now I have a little rock-hard bum. I like it!

Fat should definitely be your largest macro. For one thing, it is really hard to eat lots of meat/protein every day in the absence of carbohydrate. It just isn't palatable and it is very filling. There are, of course, people who do this, but often their goals are different from weight loss. Fat is your friend. I lost 40 lbs. by getting 60-70% of my daily calories from fat and keeping carbs under 100g. I can honestly say it was wonderful.

Good luck, Patrick, and don't be afraid to ask for advice, there are a lot of really supportive people here.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    I know what you mean about bad days. With Atkins/low carb, because it was all about weight loss for me, a bad day or even a bad 5 minutes would soon become an - oh, well, I can start again tomorrow, or the next day. Especially if I'd made some progress and was feeling good about myself. Now, because it's all about health as much as weight loss, I just don't feel the same temptations. Certainly if I have to go less than primal, or treat myself (like my rare pint of cider the other night) then it's literally just the one thing and not a springboard for worse behaviour.

On the other hand, when I'm at my desired weight/body composition, I can see things being a lot more tempting.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Just to comment on a few things: (I don't know how to do the multi-quote thing that everyone else is so good at.)

You've probably figured out some of this stuff already. Don't worry about an occasional bad day or bad meal. You will bounce right back. And when you get this primal thing right, cravings will be dramatically reduced if not non-existent. Is your wife on board? Or at least really supportive? It is very helpful to get rid of all temptation in your home. My own kitchen is totally primal which has saved me on numerous occasions. I have no grains, no sugar other than honey, no beans, no legumes.

Just knowing that low-carb flu exists will help you through it if it happens. When I was starting out I had a couple of times when I suffered - luckily I had this forum to help me, and having some sweet potatoes around the house fixed me right up. But many people never have it, and you might be one of those lucky ones.

Stairs - I run up and down the stairs multiple times during my work day - the elevator is usually not an option as it is too slow and out of the way. Even when I was SAD, I had a rock-hard bum. Now I have a little rock-hard bum. I like it!

Fat should definitely be your largest macro. For one thing, it is really hard to eat lots of meat/protein every day in the absence of carbohydrate. It just isn't palatable and it is very filling. There are, of course, people who do this, but often their goals are different from weight loss. Fat is your friend. I lost 40 lbs. by getting 60-70% of my daily calories from fat and keeping carbs under 100g. I can honestly say it was wonderful.

Good luck, Patrick, and don't be afraid to ask for advice, there are a lot of really supportive people here.
    Siobhan, congrats on you success losing 40 pounds, awesome!
    Thank you for the support and the detailed advice, very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by awok677 View Post
    I know what you mean about bad days. With Atkins/low carb, because it was all about weight loss for me, a bad day or even a bad 5 minutes would soon become an - oh, well, I can start again tomorrow, or the next day. Especially if I'd made some progress and was feeling good about myself. Now, because it's all about health as much as weight loss, I just don't feel the same temptations. Certainly if I have to go less than primal, or treat myself (like my rare pint of cider the other night) then it's literally just the one thing and not a springboard for worse behaviour.

On the other hand, when I'm at my desired weight/body composition, I can see things being a lot more tempting.
    Awok, this being a way of life versus jut a way to lose weight should help us tame temptation for a lifetime and therefore not have to be concerned about temptation making a comeback once we hit goal weight. That's my hope any how

My Day: 6-8-2013

A solid day this one was. A 3-mile walk which I completed in an hour got my day off to a great start. I also flopped down on the floor and did my first plank in many months, perhaps a year. I held it for just 30 seconds, I'll take it.

Good food day, well probably not enough calories actually. Today's eats totaled 1224 calories. Thanks to enjoying fresh fruit I took in 82 grams of carbs.

Delicious day, great food quality. Made fresh guacamole, grilled up a mess of garlic chicken thighs, and enjoyed some bacon too

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast