Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why did my morning run went wong? page 2

Waterlily is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you Canuck!

I'm not very fit yet. I used to be. I'm 5'3'' 110 lbs, lean not skinny. I've strated jogging again a few monts ago and love it like I used to. My guess, after reading about a few things so far, is dehydration. I've never experienced this before so I don't think it's a heart thing. Better not be. I think it was too hot and humid outside for me. The change in temperature is very drastic. I will be very careful next time I run in hot/humid weather.

And, I have very low blood pressure. Don't know what to do about it. My Dr always jokes about it: I don't know how you can stand up! She says... but no tips on how to improve it!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I think it's the lack of junk food. You need more pizza and donuts. Lord knows that if you start eating real food that it's a risky venture and anything negative that happens to you healthwise after such a reckless endangerment of your health MUST be to blame. Get some cookies and McDonald's in you right away!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member
    Yes... immediately when I read your post I said, she is dehydrated. It happens to me.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post

The only thing that was different today is that it was very humid, raining a little. I felt like there was no oxyegn to breathe, only water. It was hotter too. Not crazy hot (24C or 75F). I'm not used to running in warmer weather, as it's been cold here forever, usually about 10C or 50F early morning. Also, I was wearing a cap, never do, but it was to keep the rain out of my eyes.

Please, share your toughts/advice.

I lived in Florida for a few years & found that humid weather, particularly Hot Humid Weather just sucked the energy right out of me and seemed to lead to dehydration (sweating) really fast so my guess would be that it may be a lot to do with that,
    ie dehydration & loss of electrolytes.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by JulieRUNS View Post
    Yes... immediately when I read your post I said, she is dehydrated. It happens to me.
    It happened to you?
    Please share!
    I feel like an idiot who can't take good care of herself. I shouldn't have put myself at risk for it. I should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post

I lived in Florida for a few years & found that humid weather, particularly Hot Humid Weather just sucked the energy right out of me and seemed to lead to dehydration (sweating) really fast so my guess would be that it may be a lot to do with that,
    ie dehydration & loss of electrolytes.
    I don't tolerate hot weather to begin with. I have low blood pressure, I think it has something to do with it. I feel exaclty the same, hot humid weather sucks the energy right out of me too!

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think it's the lack of junk food. You need more pizza and donuts. Lord knows that if you start eating real food that it's a risky venture and anything negative that happens to you healthwise after such a reckless endangerment of your health MUST be to blame. Get some cookies and McDonald's in you right away!
    I'll go for cookies!

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member
    I run the same as you, a super fast 5k and occasionally I wind up sick as a dog, dizzy, nauseous and freaked out what is going on with my body. It sure does not feel like dehydration while your going through it but turns out that is why.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    But I felt fine while running... never tought I would be so sick a few minutes after. It was very bad in an instant. Went from feeling good to very bad. I never want to experience that again. Will work on building muscle indoors when it's hot and humid.

Oh, yes, thanks for mentionning it, I was freaked out too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12