Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How often should we have sex? page 5

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    ombat,

that works for some couples -- though they don't always go for professionals. and as long as everyone is in agreement, I don't see the issue.

--------

when i said to DH that he needed 16 times a week for health, he decided that twice a day Mon-Fri and three times a day on Sat/Sun was "way too much of a burden" and "who has the time" -- whereas my reaction was "yeah! lets do it!"

so, you know. . .sometimes people are just different.

i think that if we could close the door to our bedroom, it might be possible. . . but the kiddo is all in our grill, so that makes it tough.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    sadly, this study does not indicate how much sex a woman needs for her health every week.

It simply studies how llamas ovulation is affected by seminal fluid -- which isn't exactly a study of female, human health. Likewise, it focuses on how the male acts on the female, not what the female is and/or may need independently.

So, no.
    there are studies going back decades about this:

pnas semen ngf - Google Search

it implies that men stimulate her neurons with their NGF, and they might embed ourselves in her memory more strongly during and immediately after intercourse.

doesn't this spark interests in why women often feel more strongly and serious about the act?

Semen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it's the OIF(ovulation-inducing factor) and it's in all mammals, including humans.

so, yes. should I check my privilege!?
    nihil

again, it doesn't go to the *question*. and, i'm not sure it could be extrapolated out to what you assert.

the question is about how often we should have sex.

dr oz asserts that *for men* it should be 700 times a year for health. I haven't seen a study for how often a woman should.

that being said, *obviously* women's sexuality and sexual health *is* being studied. which means, of course, I was being mildly facetious. there you go.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    again, it doesn't go to the *question*. and, i'm not sure it could be extrapolated out to what you assert.

the question is about how often we should have sex.

dr oz asserts that *for men* it should be 700 times a year for health. I haven't seen a study for how often a woman should.

that being said, *obviously* women's sexuality and sexual health *is* being studied. which means, of course, I was being mildly facetious. there you go.
    probably not, and it's cool. it is being studied though, so it's not unimportant. i don't think an arbitrary number can be attached to either sex, it all depends. sexual intercourse has positives for both.

i don't like dr. oz.
    nihil

uhm, ok.

first, i don't know if i 'believe' there is a number. my commentary is that there apparently is a number for men, but not for women. i find that confusing/interesting/whatever.

second, i don't care about dr oz or any one expert, honestly. i just pointed to a mainstream 'common knowledge' process about 'how often should we have sex?'

third, obviously sex is positive for both, etc. i already said that.

wiltondeportes Guest
    I couldn't put a number on it, so I would say as much as possible. There's this one tribe in which the average amount for a man is 6 times a week, and I'm pretty sure they don't have a concept of marriage there. I can't recall more specifics. This would be a good starting point for me, but I'd want to make it the low end.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Can't we just come up with an equation?

if X = total number of hours in a week = 168

X - S (sleep hours)= lets say 52 = A, where A = waking hours = 116

A - N, [where N is the total amount of hours spent on survival demands ( T + G + L, where T is Travel, G is gathering/hunting, and L is labor)] = Y, where Y = free hours

A-N = somewhere around 80?

So 80 - F, where F is time dedicated to family and tribal bonding/cultural behavior

Let's say F = around 20 hours a week?

So we get 60 hours / (C + R), where C is time-in-coitus, and R is recovery

edit: We should add to N= T+G+L and to F perhaps a Multiplier based on dependent offspring
    Last edited by Mr.Perfidy; 06-03-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    A theory of 'relativity'

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    It's impossible to be in a relationship without sometimes having sex when you don't really want to, but the other person wants to. That's what I think. If couples only had sex when they both really wanted it, the Earth's populatin would be severely diminished. Sex isn't a big deal, and a lot of times it's "meh, I could have sex, whatever." I think that's the way it is for women, but for men it seems that they are always ready for sex, and would most of the time *not* get to have sex when they want it.

2 times a day? That seems rather excessive. It's not like a "per day" or "per week" thing for me, it's usually 1 or 2 times a day, several days in a row, then not for a few days. We used to have sex more, but now my SO travels for a living so sex is crammed often into the weeks he is home, and none whatsoever the weeks he is not here. Of course, men can easily fix that in the shower. I am just crabby, as a woman, craving the intimate part of it.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

twa2w is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A good part of the sex drive is age and health dependent. At 19 or 20, my partner and I had sex on average 3-4 times per day. over the intervening years(and different partners) this has changed to to 3-4 times a week now that I am approaching 60, but sometimes it is every day for a while then none for a week. Some days it is still 2 times but certainly a lot less that at age 20. Both my partner and I have had health issues at various times in the last 5 year so in several instances there were months without sex.(or at least it felt like it)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast