Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: In which I EAT MORE FAT! (Nutritional Ketosis)

Shop Now
    I just had a ton of bacon for dinner. High. As a kite.

So. Happy.

Happiness.

It's a little rich. I need more romaine for bacon Caesars. Mmm.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/to...on-to-almonds/

I wonder if my recent stiffness and pain is from almonds. Or the peanut butter. Hrm. We can try a test. Almond-free for a few days. Okay.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Peanuts make me hurt. Almonds do not - if they are just almonds.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

Today for breakfast I am having bacon, liver breaded with coconut flour, and turmeric onions.

In two weeks I have gone from being really skeeved out by liver to getting really excited as I pull it from its wrapper. Quelle surprise! The bacon and onions make it not-awful!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I just blew through my carb limit with a giant green smoothie. Chard, mixed berries, a splash of Mega Green juice for taste, water, flaxseeds, and ice. And I don't care! I! Don't! Care! If I feel bad or get depressed later, fine. For now, I feel amazing. Bright eyed and bushy-tailed.

Also, if you're sleepy in the morning, bacon, liver & onions chased by a green smoothie is a great way to perk up!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

You know, last year I lost this same 20 pounds by just being PB. When all that shit was going down at work, I was even eating late and having wine (my friends were really nurturing and had me over or dinner and I went to lots of holiday parties), and I still dropped from 181 to 163. I'm finding that super high fat and medium protein is better, but I don't know if I care anymore to stress out so much over carbs. We'll see. Maybe I'll average out my carbs for the past few weeks and see what they look like.

I think what happened this spring was a) I didn't lean on my friends for support during a period of stress (cancer support), and b) I leaned on SUGAR in gluten-free sugary things instead of loving support.
    Last edited by kalli889; 06-18-2013 at 05:12 PM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Craving bacon, liver and onions. I need to buy another onion! Grrrr...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I read that having a bath with ACV can reduce joint pain. I did that last night, and my joint pain IS reduced! Still there, but reduced. Fantastic.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I have really enjoyed pet sitting my brother's dog while he's been away for radiation and now his honeymoon. He's a really sweet and gentle dog. I'd love a sweet and gentle dog of my own.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Shop Now
    http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eati...rinking-coffee

I think I've read that coffee looks like gluten to a celiac body. I wonder if this has anything to do with it. I have up coffee for a short time last year, and I do remember being able to run. Anyway, I had coffee today. Experiment time! Let's give up coffee!
    My Leptin Reset Journey