Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: In which I EAT MORE FAT! (Nutritional Ketosis) page 8

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Super bloated. I think it's the guacamole I ate. I always forget that there's something weird about guacamole for me. Avocados, fine, lime juice, fine, salt, fine. That's how simple my guacamole has to be. Tomatoes? Garlic? Jalapeños? Suspect. One of those is suspect.

Also, I think I've been giving myself a pass with these nut butter fat bomb things and they're leading to cravings. Remember, self, peanuts are legumes, so peanut butter is legume butter. And remember, almonds make you feel not great if eaten in quantity. And while we're at it self, dairy. Dairy is not your friend. Dairy is the hot boyfriend who makes out with your friends behind your back. Do you remember your dairy experiment last year? You gained 6 lbs and dropped it when you dropped all dairy, including butter. (but I love butter!). Now you're bloated and you have cramps and your TOM ended a week ago. NOT COOL.

I dumped the cream, hazelnut butter, fat bombs, and sour cream, put the guacamole in the freezer for my brother and SIL. I kept the Apple Gouda sausages and cream cheese because, baby steps. A few more salmon cream cheese omelets and I'm golden. Baby steps.

I was fine, I've lived without dairy forever! This is a flirtation! A dairy relapse!

If the bloat is from the guacamole and I just threw out my dairy out of hysteria...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Google FODMAPS, Kalli. I can't eat most fruit, including avocados, without bloating.

I can eat plain avocado just fine, but I'll look at FODMAPS for the other ingredients. . Thanks for the suggestion!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I just figured out that the MyFitnessPal app will do a little pie chart breakdown of your macros! Woo hoo! I'm trying to keep each meal in the right ratios.

Had an AMAZING acupuncture session. My acupuncturist had such gentle, safe and healing energy, AND he connected physical pain I'm feeling to emotional pain I might be stuffing. (My edit: with food). He asked me what was going on emotionally that I might have pain or insomnia, and I just started crying. I don't think I've really allowed myself to feel about my brother's cancer. For sure, when I first got here I was inhaling gluten-free chocolate cakes and going out for jaunts to pick up gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. I am still emotionally connected to my dairy. I'm like a mad wolverine protecting my dairy: DON'T YOU TAKE MY DAIRY AWAY FROM ME! I JUST GOT IT! Whoaaaa, calm down!

He wasn't all that concerned about my ovarian pain. He said since its the first time it's happened we should wait and see if it happens again, and that there is a lot of natural healing modalities to try before ever going into surgery, including acupuncture and herbs. He also wants me to have more vegetables. More sautéed chard and spinach. I am sad about not having green smoothies sweetened with juice. Too many carbs. So delicious. He liked that I ate a lot of fish, and wanted me to stay away from red meat while there is pain.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Weighed myself at the acupuncturist. I like this not-having-a-scale thing. I decided not to have one because I did six days of Bikram in a row and I gained 2 lbs and I flipped out on myself. So I was 185 the last time I weighed myself. Probably muscle, water fluctuation, who knows. I'm now 183.4, again. So no net loss. I got way off track on my carbs during TOM. Now I know how to get my minerals-in-food-in-without-adding-sugar-or-fruit, I think I'm back on course.

Enjoying a fatty chocolate Teecino right now, and I feel like everything is right with the world.

Goal: 179 lbs!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Almond butter is like my ice cream.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

So every morning I wake up and hobble around from a stiff back and plantar fasciitis. I remembered from doing my Leptin Reset last year that inflammation (chronic pain) could hinder weight loss. So what if I do a combination LR/keto WOE?

So I had a BAB this morning:
    4 Niman Ranch Apple Gouda chicken sausages (52 g ptn total)
    Half an avocado
    Half cup of sauerkraut

I made myself a cup of coffee and had a tbsp of CO in it and had it after breakfast...and I took one sip and spit it out.

Time to switch to Earl Grey? Or Mango Black Tea? Or green tea? I think I have two Apple Gouda sausages left and then I'm done with dairy. My measurements right now are about what they were last June 15. I started at 177, went up to 181 with dairy (see? tricky) And at that time I had gone from 160 lbs to 177 lbs over a particularly stressful winter. Damn you, stress! I was almost back to my starting point in December, down to 163.

I fell asleep at 8pm last night. I woke up at 5:30am and went back to sleep until 8:30am.

I had cod liver oil. Compared to my OmegaBrite pills it was NASTY! Gross!

They say for a Leptin Reset not to start working out until pain has dissipated. I walk the dog every day -- he needs it, but other than that I can give myself a pass on working out until I no longer wake up in pain. :-/. Re-reading my Leptin Reset journal...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Haven't been hungry AT ALL since BAB. What do I do with myself then? I'm giving myself a 4pm cut-off for dinner. Too hot out to do yard work right now...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

BAB = A+
    4pm eating cut-off time = A+
    No cream, butter, sour cream, cream cheese = A+
    Magnesium = A+

Feeling really good and slept really well! Having a nice bowl of breakfast soup: bone broth, 4 Niman ranch sausages, spinach. ~52 g ptn. . Coffee is plain and iced. It's getting warmer around here. Inches went back down. Still not back to the net -11" yet. Having my last two apple Gouda sausages this morning. Tomorrow I can fold this into a W30. Skin is no longer dry and flaky, but there are some areas where tone could be better. Maybe bone broth will help.

Also, I wanted to binge last night on cake and ice cream, and I didn't! Go me! It wasn't even body craving, it was mind craving. I really wasn't hungry at all!

Still have morning PF pain. Since this is kind of a LR, I'm going to look for that as a marker for inflammation. My libido has also been way low. I've been looking at my LR journal from last year and there was a moment when it flipped on and I started caring about how I look, doing my hair and wearing makeup. So I want to get back to that. Right now I look like another Vitamin D depleted northwesterner, hair up and probably could use a wash, dressed vaguely as if I just came back from hiking. Where is this stylish and vivacious New Yorker? Where did she go?
    Last edited by kalli889; 06-16-2013 at 10:10 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    HELLO day 2 keto-Leptin Reset! Who is totally boiling away like a little space heater? THIS GIRL!

I'm really liking no-dairy. I don't know if it was adjusting to keto or what, but with dairy I was legit HUNGRY for about 1000 more calories a day. One thousand. Tummy gurgles. Now? Eh. And. On dairy I was cold all the time. Cold. Cold hands. Now I'm boiling alive, and it's not hot outside. THIS IS AWESOME. I AM THERMOGENIC.

Amazing.

Okay! Leptin Reset symptoms! Increased feeling of warmth! Better sleep! Okay! Reduction of pain and weight loss, lets go!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast