Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: In which I EAT MORE FAT! (Nutritional Ketosis) page 7

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can button and zip up my jeans again. It ain't pretty, but it's progress. Progress, not perfection!

Very tired today.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

F 5'9" | 32 yrs old | small frame | HW: 187 | CW: 177.2 | GW: 135

Did you all see Mark's article about salt on the front page? I changed my MyFitnessPal to bump up my sodium intake from 2,500 mg to 4,000-5,000 mg (it's set to 4, but I don't care if it goes up to 5), and I honestly feel better today after a salty, salty day. More awake, more grounded.

I have a coupon for free acupuncture, so I'm going tomorrow to see if we can't take care of these cramps in my ovaries and uterus. It's been DAYS, uterus. Chill out!

Set up a tabata schedule, and it feels good. I punked out halfway through my push-ups, and I feel sore this morning, so win!

Going to Kansas at the beginning of July to see/stay with that family for a while. . My mom put on a bunch of weight in just the two weeks she was here for my older brother's surgery, and when she went back, it all fell off. She came out to visit once, and it was like yep, it did fall off. We attribute that to the sun and vitamin D levels. Kansas = sunny as hell, Washington = gloomy grey darkness. (Like today, in June, it's gloomy and gray.)

The dog is staring at me, waiting for his walk. I'm not ready yet, dog!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I guess when the dairy runs out, I can do a Whole30. HMMM! We'll see how that goes!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hurray for progress! My new jeans are roomy already. Doing w30 with ADF.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hurray for progress! My new jeans are roomy already. Doing w30 with ADF.
    Thanks! I'm very interested to see what my progress will look like without dairy. Not ready to start that yet.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Made some chocolate hazelnut fat bombs. Have to reduce the amount of chocolate hazelnut butter involved, bc what I've got induces cravings. :-/. I'll cut the choc hazelnut butter down by two thirds and see how that goes. I can tell it needs to go down because I don't want to throw out the batch I've got, I want to eat them all! Maybe I'll melt them down and add some coconut oil. What's funny is the jar of choc hazelnut butter says, "What you may notice is that our choc hazelnut butter is not as sweet as others..." And I think it's hella sweet because everything seems super sweet to me now.

My magnesium/potassium came today! Yay!

Re-upped my big bottle of ACV, and feel good about all that again!

It's sunny out for a minute, so I think I'll sit out for some Earthing.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Threw out the chocolate hazelnut bombs. Too much craving. Might have spiked my sugar. If something talks to me from the fridge/freezer, no bueno.

Hey self, lets get carbs from spinach, chard, avocados, etc. Smart thinking, self. Well done.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Wow. I really want to go run some wind sprints right now. I took a nap and woke up with a ton of energy. I have plantar fasciitis, so wind sprints are no bueno. I just got a giant jar of MSM today (yay!) so now I'm taking one on the hour, and should hopefully be 100% soon. Then...wind sprints!

I think back in March I couldn't fit into my jeans, and I couldn't button and zip them. I cut out sugar and flour and ran wind sprints and jumped rope and that was helpful and I got back in my jeans.

I had guacamole today. I think there might be something in there that isn't the greatest thing for me.

Maybe I'll do some more yoga to work out some of this energy...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Tried to do burpees, sans push-ups. I can do three. Ha ha. Okay, goal 1: 10 burpees in a row. Goal 2: a burpee ladder.

Progress, not perfection!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

PrimalCon New York
    Beginning to crave tuna salad. It's so weird. Tuna sandwiches were so embarrassing to have in school because they smelled. Other kids got ham and cheese and we got tuna. Embarrassing. And then when I got older tuna was like cheap food, good for a budget. Sometimes I'd bring it to work and at lunchtime I'd go to the fridge and just not eat because BORING!

Now it's like...hmmm...what shall I have for dinner...TUNA SALAD! And then I wolf it down and I'm like DELICIOUS! That hits the spot!

So weird.

Side note: I'm doing the workbook in THE DESIRE MAP, and I'm on a part on gratitude lists. She says its more helpful to write "I'm grateful for ______ because..." I just wrote "I'm grateful for tuna salad because it makes me feel alive, centered, and satisfied."

I desire to have this feeling with all of my food -- to be alive, centered and satisfied.
    Last edited by kalli889; 06-13-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast