Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: In which I EAT MORE FAT! (Nutritional Ketosis) page 11

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    There's a gym here with free boxing. HELL YES.

And my super ripped little brother has started to train me. He's really good, he pushes me really hard but knows when to back off. I felt like I was going to throw up 2-3 during my workout, but that would always be at the last few reps. Then I felt exhilarated. Now I can barely walk from weighted lunges. About the only thing that I was able to keep in WA (surprisingly) was my strong core. All the ab exercises he had me do were the easiest for me (which is not to say they were easy). Looking forward to getting super fit!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

F 5'9" | 32 yrs old | small frame | HW: 187 | CW: 177.2 | GW: 135

My mom had heart palpitations that scared her badly enough to go to the hospital recently, and her blood pressure is really high and keeps getting higher. She also has rheumatoid arthritis. She went grain-based vegetarian after she left my stepdad, and lost 10-15 lbs. Less junk food, less stress, more sun, lots of grains, legumes and fruits.

Because of the hospital visit and rising blood pressure, we had a living will conversation. I heard her and told her that she could write up a living will and I could receive it.

I also told her what paleo had done for me, and that keto had brought my blood pressure down so low that I HAD to take salt to stay upright, and that both had evened out my moods and given me a lot of energy. I said this is only my story, IF you are interested, and if not, that's okay too.

She said she's pretty happy with how she eats - granola bars and rice cakes and fruits and veggie soups. That sounds fairly Pritkin, yes? Without calling it that? She thinks her low energy and high blood pressure is from an unhappy work situation, and that when she resolves that, she'll resolve her blood pressure. That may be true. That may not. I don't have her metabolism or system, so I don't know. I just know what works for me. I know I was in an unhappy work situation and I lost weight and had energy with paleo. But again, that is only my experience.

So I'm just going to let it go. And eat high fat, low carb, and fight bears and make art.

MMMM, WHIPPED CREAM AND BLUEBERRIES!

UPDATE:

My mom told me that her doctor told her that she was absolutely not to have any coconut oil or avocado whatsoever.

I'm so mad. Doctors are so afraid of fat. Goddammit.
    Last edited by kalli889; 06-29-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Going to go to Crossfit Intro with my little brother and my SIL tonight. Yay! I think I'm going to invite my mom as well. She's talked about wanting to get ripped...

At any rate, it was good to talk to her about food. I've now got a good stock of cream, avocados, eggs, tuna, and spinach. It's the week before my TOM and I'm feeling groggy. I slept almost all day yesterday. Had baked ziti at my little brother's house the night before, so that's a good reason to have been groggy the night before. Blechhh. Need to start working again to have $$$ to have more control over my food. I feel like I have to say yes to free food because my stores are so low.

In positive news, my mom said I could stay with her while I finish my screenplay. This is pretty major -- her being supportive of our creativity is pretty new. It was weird - we were at the library and she saw a book that she didn't know was pertinent to my screenplay and she mentioned that she thought of getting it for me. I was like THAT'S PERFECT! YES, I WANT IT! Then she brought up wanting to support me while I finish my screenplay. Wow. Scary. I can start on the skeleton now while I do research.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

My PF is back, and it's throwing everything out of balance. It's made my right knee tender and stiff. And my right hammy is pulled. Painful. No running for me, just walking. I put Daily Tabata Squats and Push-ups into my Wonderful Day app. That app is really helping with new habits.

I wonder if I'm orthorexic, all this obsession about finding "just the right WOE".

High fat eating does make me happier and more stable. This morning I had deviled eggs and bacon and a green drink for breakfast, and I've felt good all day. I'm not really daily logging anymore. Maybe I will again. I just remember that I lost this same 20 lbs last year, not logging, hardly working out, and having wine here and there.

It's actually been nice not to blog and not to focus on food all the time. I've started sewing for the first time, and I've made all these summer clothes for myself. By some patterns I'm a 12, by others a 16. Got triggered by that. But making things is nice. My little brother is teaching me to bead.

I'm staying with my mom for the summer, who is a fruit and grain vegetarian. She bought a separate pan for my meat. That was weird. I guess I get it. Her hair is more brittle, so she'll have an egg here or there now. I have to let her do her thing. She's letting me do mine, so I owe her the same respect. She watched FAT, SICK AND NEARLY DEAD and another food documentary that were about veganism. Hey, if you can be vegan and healthy, more power to you.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I have two cherry angiomas on my torso that both got so soft I could basically rub the skin away and now they scabbed over and are healing. MYSTERIES!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Okay! Back in the saddle! I'm starting a Fat Fast today. I got derailed from NK because of traveling and low funds. Day 1 of Fat Fast and I feel exhilarated and high as a kite on a fat omelette. Seriously. I just ate an omelette made from 1 whole egg and two egg yolks fried in bacon fat and MY BRAIN IS LIT UP LIKE A ROMAN CANDLE. YES! I'll do this for a week and then go back to regular NK. I've been low carbing it and not tracking my food for the past week and I've been pissed off and cranky for the past week, probably because of carb detox. Listen. If you do carb detox once and high fat low carb works for you, why do it again? It sucks! Don't go back to high carb (whatever that means for you), because then you have to go through carb flu or carb anger all over again. BOO.

Anyway. My brain is alive. ALIVE! YES!

I just finished Danielle LaPorte's THE DESIRE MAP and my Core Desired Feelings are:

TURNED ON
    TUNED IN
    FUCKING RICH
    BAD ASS

Right now, this food makes me feel TURNED ON and BAD ASS!

#winning
    #tigerblood
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

I went to a Reiki circle last night and had two reiki people work on me! I had an ear infection, a weird knee, and plantar fasciitis. Today, no ear infection, less weird knee, and didn't notice my PF at all. I think my Tabata squats are helping with the weird knee. The best workout is the one you actually do.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I got woozy around 3pm from electrolyte flush, so I had a cup of bouillon and felt a million times better.

It was 106 today, and I was the only one who felt perfectly fine in the heat.

Nice and toasty.

Salt!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

I slept like crap last night and now I am at anxiety level 7 ("Who cares?"). It's hard to care if your sleep is poor
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast