I'm a first-year college student and it feels like my life revolves around food so much ever since I've started eating Primally last July. Since then, I've literally gained at least 25 lbs to boot -- it's insane. It's not like I'm gorging on unhealthy foods. I eat well for a college student -- my go-to foods in the dining hall are green/tomatoes from the salad bar and grilled chicken/beef (containing some canola oil, but there's not much to be done about that). When I splurge, I eat fruit, dairy, Larabars, and ice cream from time to time...but no burgers/mac and cheese/French fries/classic college fare. The meal plan is mandatory.

I've just noticed I've become much more prone to binge eating ever since starting college. There are some days when I do VLC without any problems, and others where a bit of fruit might lead to a binge. It's just such a debilitating cycle. I might start the day with a great deal of willpower, but by dinnertime I'm just kaput, and say, "Screw it, I'm having something sweet." Sweets (even natural sugars) are my trigger foods.

I've tried adding more healthy carbs into my diet, but that seems to trigger an "eat more carbs!" button for me.

I just don't know what to do...I don't feel like I'm treating my body the way it deserves to be treated, and I just really want to lose these 30 lbs.

Has anyone felt similar, either during college or otherwise? How did you combat this? Thank you so much for your advice!