Thread: Annual Checkup Results... Comments?? page

warrdogg is offline Member

Annual Checkup Results... Comments??

Primal Fuel
    I just got back from my annual checkup with my new doctor. The results were pretty good in her eyes and mine, but there were a few things she is concerned with.

Doc said Cholesterol levels were good. Here are my numbers (Canadian):

5.0 Total
    HDL 3.1
    LDL 1.18

My sugar levels, thyroid, and BP was also good. My BP is usually on the high side of normal. The concerns were B vitamin levels were getting on the higher side of normal. My vitamin D levels were low. I wasn't surprised as I live in Canada. I am going to supplement with 1000 IU.

The one thing was my iron level were very low. The doc asked me if I was a vegetarian! I told her I eat more meat and fat that most people. I hinted about the no grain thing.

Anyone know how I can have low iron as a 46 year old male eating red meat? Any concern about high vitamin B levels?

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Supplement with Vit D3 at 5-6000iu / daily. I've been doing that for 2 months and it raised the 25-hydrox level from 31 to 46, still not high enough though.

I have no idea why you would be low in iron. Do you regularly donate blood? Anyway do take an iron supplement.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase