Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Newbie like me to support each other. page 9

RayDWeger is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Welcome Ally
    You youngster probably isn't paying as much attention as you may think. At some point in the future they will likely recall that mom taught us the importance of taking care of ourselves.... Unless of course you start ceremoniously butchering the chickens in the kitchen sink and growing spinach on the back of the toilet...... :-)

Being an Atkins alumni you already know the basics. Keep up with your sodium intake, healthy fats and primal carbs..... Steer clear of the omega 6 sources as the meet supply has more than enough omega 6 due to the amount of grains they are fed...
    Supplement with a good omega 3 unless you like lots of fish omega 3 enriched eggs are a good choice

@Raikay
    Try swapping some fats I.e. coconut oil, olive oil, grass fed butter etc. for some of that protein..... 100 grams of protein is a good starting target without knowing your actual numbers (see my protein calcs)

Update on my progress

Was at 189 to start the week was at 186.3 this morning, brining my total weight loss from starting my VLC primal quest @ 206 the 1st week of march..... It's been interesting

Shhhheeeeessssshhhhhh I really need to proof read my posts prior to hitting the send button

Meet = meat and total loss thus far is just shy of 20 pounds

Gwynnda is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RayDWeger View Post
    Shhhheeeeessssshhhhhh I really need to proof read my posts prior to hitting the send button

Meet = meat and total loss thus far is just shy of 20 pounds
    It's all good, we know what you meant. AND we have all done it before. Human? I think so.
    Health
    Happiness &
    "add a food"

@RayDWeger Trust me, I know. It's hard going against your parents though, especially when I only see them once a month or so. Well, tonight I made supper for them so I knew I could eat it. I made pork tenderloin with a blueberry sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and then green beans and carrots. Unfortunately they brought in cheesecake for dessert... Oh how I wish my stomach could tolerate dairy well haha

@Raikay Congrats on quitting smoking! I've so proud of you for taking the initiative and making it this far already. I saw how much my parents struggled when they quit, so I always have the utmost respect for anyone who is quitting.

@Allymd Welcome I also agree with Ray on the child front. As long as you arent doing anything insanely out of the norm, you should be fine. I will completely vouch for NOT doing butchering in front of your kids, especially if it in any way relates to a Disney character or favorite cute and cuddly animal. My dads a butcher and when I was 5, I walked into the garage as he was cutting up a deer for our neighbor... I ended up being eye to eye with it. Haven't been able to watch Bambi since.

@Gwynnda Well, I know when I go off primal, especially with dairy I really don't feel very good. I'm lactose intolerant (not deathly, just uncomfortably so), which doesn't help. Usually once I cheat though, I go have a bath and pretty much go into a groggy sleep mode. I'm pretty unproductive after that. I've been trying to make myself exercise after those incidences though, as I've found that it makes it go through my system faster.

@Grey and Chaos I'm not too sure what all of your allergies are, but are you able to have/ find any mayo that you can have? If so, I have an awesome meal I've been using as a breakfast the last few days. I've been buying the Country Naturals Chicken Burgers (have a rank chicken burger craving lately), and I'll have 2 of them topped with 1 tsp of bbq sauce, and then about 1/2-3/4 cup of coleslaw (mixed with just mayo) on top of the burger. Then I have the other half of the plate filled with California Style veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, etc). Its simple, fast and fairly cheap.

Gwynnda is offline Member
    I think the most important thing to remember is we are all making a life style change. We are not expected to be anything other than human. We learn from our experiences and make better choices (not related to food just in general). As for eating and other people, all we can do is what we can do, I know how parents can be. My grandmother is freaking out about the way I'm eating. She does not understand and believes CW. So, I change the subject and distract her. Sometimes it works and other times it does not. She's old and forgetful but sometimes she is as sharp as a tack. She lives in MT so when I go visit her, I know I'll be challenged with what you go through with your parents Ashley. Will I cave in and eat a bit or everything she fixes me or will I stand firm? I don't know. It will probably come down to the look on her face. Can't say for sure.

I have some exciting news! I think my husband is 1) sick and tired of listening to me complain about the beef (without hormones and antibiotics, etc.) because it's still GRAIN fed or 2) he is just giving in because he knows it's healthier. We are going to go buy a side of beef in a couple of weeks. YAY!!!!!! I'll have 1/2 a cow in my freezer that is grass fed. So excited.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth for the evening. G'nite everyone.
    Health
    Happiness &
    "add a food"

Its just difficult with my family as I'm their only child, so they tend to "baby" me a lot... And love to tell me what to do, or lecture me on what I should be doing (apparently this is a parent thing... Just kidding, kinda haha). We all have very strong personalities and tend to clash sometimes, so when I'm there I try to pick and choose what my battles are.

Hearing you (reading?) say that definitely helped though. I can only do so much and the rest I have to let go rather than beat myself up about it. Guess the only solid solution though would be to make sure I'm the one that makes the meals while I'm here. Then I'll know everything is safe.

That's so exciting!!! Are you able to customize what cuts of meat you want too, or are you just getting what they give you? I know when we get our sides of beef we're able to pick and choose which ones we want more of.

@ Ashley
    Oh yes there parent thing....... having to deal with my dad during some heart procedures was enough to convince me to change the way i was eating as well as an eye opener about not being in a place where my kids have to take care of me.....
    So between that and my blood lipids taking a 20 to 30 percent increase in a year of job changes, living in Dallas & San Antonio, traveling back and forth weekly and being away from my BEAUTIFUL WIFE way to much here i am......

No just shy of 20 pounds lost in 3 1/ 2 months and fasting blood sugar averages in the 80's for the 1st time in the 3 years i have been keeping track of it all is GOOD

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Thats why I'm on here too... Between my own health issues, and seeing how my dad refuses to pay attention to his diabetes... I don't want to end up like that. I don't EVER want to be a burden on someone else due to health issues I had complete control over.

I will admit to completely struggling on the amount of food I need to eat. A few years ago, if I wanted to lose weight, I would just stop eating for a few days and then I was good to go. Now, I see the weight I need to lose, and it feels so counter-intuitive to me to eat more to lose weight... So I do get scared sometimes and revert back to my old ways... and then I end up binging. It especially makes it hard with me exercising as often as I do and knowing how much I really need for nutrients. These are my daily goals:
    Carbs: 50-100g
    Fat: 28-100g
    Protein: 65-100g

Right now, I'm 120lbs, and about 85lbs of LBM.

We have to remember that we have survived this many years darting less than healthy, so the occasional SAD meal is not going to kill us. Sometime US trying to be healthy makes others would us in uncomfortable. Sometime we can get by just by eating only the stuff we know is more or less OK and not eating the bad stuff without saying anything about the why. As you guess have mentioned pick your battles and adjust back to your normal WOE as soon as possible. The key is to not let one mail turn into one week, and so on or feeling guilty about the occasional bad meal......... remember this is supposed to be " so simple the cavemen did it"

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

Seriously my swype keyboard is very grammatically challenged and i need to proof read
    So darling was supposed to be eating ????
    And mail was meal

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast