Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Newbie like me to support each other. page 6

wiliamsth is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    no friend not a veteran. trying to keep myself healthy by adopting healthy food habits

RayDWeger is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynnda View Post
    @ashley, I don't blame you. 5am, wow, you need sleep girl. Keep with it, it's good.

I have not been diagnosed celiac but when I ate grains, I would feel sick to my stomach and bloated for hours. I always thought it was because of my IBS. Amazing that it's gone. So, I wonder if I had it. Mine is for health, high cholesterol. And 3 weeks in, I love it and will never go back. I feel amazing (most of the time). Energy, etc.

I'm going to give this a whirl tomorrow night for dinner. The enchiladas. Yummy!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-pr...#axzz2V1XvFSDm
    Funny that you mention that...
    I have also ditched all grains and beans other than the occasional serving of fresh green beans fried in olive oil and garlic or cooked on the stove with kerrygold butter (yum) and the first thing that I noticed was the lack of stomach bloat and gas (at the risk of tmi)

Sent from my EVO using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by PRO199 View Post
    Carb Flu, never heard of such a thing. This is just day 3 for me, and i feel a bit run down today, and I have no reason as to why. Makes me wonder if it is just my body adjusting to primal nutrition versus the fast-food addiction I've been on for a decade plus?
    Carb (AKA) keto flu is a symptom you get as your body adjust from using carbs / glucose as a fuel source to burning fat / ketos as a fuel source..... It is caused by your body extracting water & sodium from the low carb intake and your potassium levels dropping to low. By adding a couple of cups of bullion broth i.e. sodium to your daily intake keeps your sodium / potassium balance in check

Pro another thing I forgot to mention

Virgin coconut oil (looks like shortening) is great energy source while your body adjust to low carb eating. It will also help with hunger cravings.
    It is a medium chain fatty acid that the body can absorb directly without having to be converted to ketones by the liver.
    Use it as necessary to get you started. I take 2 Tbsp first thing in the am and generally don't get hungry till around lunch time. I will also take a Tbsp as,a mid afternoon pick me up

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RayDWeger View Post
    Pro another thing I forgot to mention

Virgin coconut oil (looks like shortening) is great energy source while your body adjust to low carb eating. It will also help with hunger cravings.
    It is a medium chain fatty acid that the body can absorb directly without having to be converted to ketones by the liver.
    Use it as necessary to get you started. I take 2 Tbsp first thing in the am and generally don't get hungry till around lunch time. I will also take a Tbsp as,a mid afternoon pick me up

You eat the 2 Tbsp of virgin coconut oil straight up twice a day? Or you use it in recipes twice a day?
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

Straight up
    If you don't want to eat a glob of coconut oil put it on the stove top near a burner for a few minutes it is liquid at about 75 degrees.

I also so take olive oil by the spoon full but it takes,a couple of hours for your body to digest it. I do use both oils as well as kerrygold butter to cool with

Gwynnda is offline Member
    You eat the 2 Tbsp of virgin coconut oil straight up twice a day? Or you use it in recipes twice a day?
    @PRO, I was researching ways to get coconut oil in quick and easy. I found something on the web. Put it into your morning coffee. It's pretty good! I put a tbsp with a tbsp of heavy whipping cream and kind of like it. I prefer just black so my next cup of coffee I'm just going to use the coconut oil. It gives it a flavor. Here is the site.

Coconut Oil Coffee | Mama's Weeds

I also read this.

Health Benefits of Coconut Oil

I can't find it but I also read a lady wrote that after 4 months, her friends were saying on how beautiful her skin looks now. She contributed it to the coconut oil she has in her daily coffee.

If you love avocados like I do. Here is a good way to get your fats in and it's delicious. Melt coconut oil on med-low heat (I use cast iron skillet). As its heating cut your avocado. Turn down to 2.2 if you have digital oven. Add sliced avocado. Season with salt and pepper. Brown the sides and its done.
    Health
    Happiness &
    "add a food"

Gwynnda is offline Member
    @PRO, I was researching ways to get coconut oil in quick and easy. I found something on the web. Put it into your morning coffee. It's pretty good! I put a tbsp with a tbsp of heavy whipping cream and kind of like it. I prefer just black so my next cup of coffee I'm just going to use the coconut oil. It gives it a flavor. Here is the site.

Coconut Oil Coffee | Mama's Weeds

I also read this.

Health Benefits of Coconut Oil

I can't find it but I also read a lady wrote that after 4 months, her friends were saying on how beautiful her skin looks now. She contributed it to the coconut oil she has in her daily coffee.

If you love avocados like I do. Here is a good way to get your fats in and it's delicious. Melt coconut oil on med-low heat (I use cast iron skillet). As its heating cut your avocado. Turn down to 2.2 if you have digital oven. Add sliced avocado. Season with salt and pepper. Brown the sides and its done.
    Health
    Happiness &
    "add a food"

aubbob is offline Junior Member
    I wanted to update about yesterday's intake for me.

Total fat: 61g
    Sodium: 893mg
    Potassium: 1984mg
    Carbs: 124g
    Protein 54g
    Calories: 1144

Should I be very concerned with my caloric intake at the moment? And is there info somewhere on what my intake should be as far as fat and protein goes?

Today I'm going to avoid the dried fruit and try to have an actual lunch since I won't be working the mid-shift and see where that puts me. I haven't been having any cravings really, which is a surprise that I'm very happy about.

raikay is offline Member
    So, my motivations when I decided to do Primal was purely to eliminate grains. My pain management doctor had been trying to get me to go gluten free for a couple years to help with my fibromyalgia. After reading Wheat Belly and The Primal Blueprint, and seeing some rather depressing pictures of myself, I decided to give it a go. My pain is all but gone since cutting grains and sugars and I am off all my medications except for my hormones which is quite a feat for all the muscle relaxers and Neurontin and pain pills I was on.

Yesterdays Intake:
    Total Fat: 91g
    Carbs: 26g
    Protein 114g
    Calories: 1375

Exercise:
    Gym: Lower weights than normal but higher reps of Single-leg dead lift with kettlebells, Deadlifts, bench press, dumbbell rows, some other stuff but my brain is a bit foggy
    Sprints with walking in-between for half an hour when I wanted to smoke really bad

Today the cravings and moodiness isn't as bad. the plan is to just have my dinner leftovers for lunch (turkey, avocado, brussels sprouts), do some running after work since the smoking cravings are less when I'm exhausted and have to catch my breath, and to probably do steak and grilled mushrooms with feta for dinner.
    Every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value --Winnie Dalley

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast