Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Newbie like me to support each other. page 5

Gwynnda is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    aubbob, at first, I did too. I had to have my apple and grapefruit every day but after the initial weight loss, I was gaining the weight back. I was eating a lot of veggies that were high in carbs too, and I was not eating enough fat + over eating in protein. I am still trying to find the balance. I think it's wonderful that you and your husband are doing it together. Have you gotten rid of all the non-primal food in the house? That will also help, I hear it does anyway. I'm the only Primal in my family so I put them on a "clean diet", nothing from a box, everything is homemade.

I had to go to bed relatively early last night because I wanted to raid the pantry and eat my favorite potato chips and eat an entire carton of strawberries. I did not have my 1/2 or 1 piece of chocolate because I'm really giving this 21-day a go this time. Even though Mark says Dark Chocolate and wine in moderation but I want to totally detox from sugar (that are not plant based) technically chocolate is and wine but I'd rather get it over with. I just have to remember how terrible I felt last weekend when I ate baked beans and had a couple beers. That helps me. When you experience that, it will be a good reminder. At that point I had been 1.5 weeks into the 21-days. So your body does adapt quickly.

I'm also reading the Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living, per Ray's suggestion. I want to understand how to do it safe.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

raikay is offline Member
    So, I'm in for the challenge if that's ok with everyone. I just quit smoking yesterday and am finding myself hit all over again with the cravings, headaches, brain fog that I got when I first started Primal back in Jan/Feb and want to make sure I don't slip in to old habits.

I know I saw it in here somewhere, but which day was the 21-day challenge starting?
    Every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value --Winnie Dalley

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

RayDWeger is offline Member
    Great book it's not totally primal but it gives you the science behind the Way of Eating (WOE) and is easy to incorporate the subtle differences

Sent from my EVO using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    Carb Flu, never heard of such a thing. This is just day 3 for me, and i feel a bit run down today, and I have no reason as to why. Makes me wonder if it is just my body adjusting to primal nutrition versus the fast-food addiction I've been on for a decade plus?
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

Quote Originally Posted by raikay View Post
    So, I'm in for the challenge if that's ok with everyone. I just quit smoking yesterday and am finding myself hit all over again with the cravings, headaches, brain fog that I got when I first started Primal back in Jan/Feb and want to make sure I don't slip in to old habits.

I know I saw it in here somewhere, but which day was the 21-day challenge starting?
    I started this past Sunday, Ray as well. We talked about it officially starting on Monday 6/3, One or two day(s) difference does not matter. What matters is that we do it. CONGRATS on the not smoking.

Absolutely, they more the merrier. This is exactly why I created this thread. Ray has been a great coach so go back and read or re-read what he has said.

@ PRO199, that's what I called the "carb flu", it was hard but it does get easier. Your body is adjusting and detoxing as well. Drink lots of water, make sure you are getting enough sodium too. I took Milk Thistle to help detox and drink green tea as well. Keep it up and we are all here to help each other.

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynnda View Post
    @ PRO199, that's what I called the "carb flu", it was hard but it does get easier. Your body is adjusting and detoxing as well. Drink lots of water, make sure you are getting enough sodium too. I took Milk Thistle to help detox and drink green tea as well. Keep it up and we are all here to help each other.
    Thanks for the advice Gwynnda!
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

@PRO199, you are welcome. Everyone is different, so I hope what helped me will help you.

@Primal, ashley, aubbob, and shonie, how are you guys doing with the 21-day so far?
    Health
    Happiness &
    "add a food"

@aubbob in the beginning, make a standard rotation of 3-4 favourite dishes. Eggs and tuna are pretty much foolproof and super fast. The Hungarian goulash and chicken Kiev on here are awesome. Just keep it simple for the first few weeks until you get used to it. Also be careful with the dried fruit cuz it will add up fast.

@pro199 I'd love to give you some advice, but I've never gone through the carb flu so I can't really help with that. Just push through it and remember why you're doing this in the first place.

@gwynnda so I tried watching the killing last night. Fell asleep 5 min in though haha to be fair, it was 5am, so ill try to give it another fair shot later.

As for the 21DT, I probably could've done better today. Didn't have time to have breakfast, so when I went to the pharmacy I grabbed a Lara bar instead of going for some of the worse options there. When I got home I grabbed about a cup of shredded chicken and I'd put a little dab of mayo on it (tastes like turkey sandwich leftovers minus the sandwich), and about 1/2 cup of potato salad....

So what are everyone's reasons for starting on here? I figure we could all use some reinforcement on why we're wanting to do this to keep us motivated.

I'm here partially because I was just diagnosed celiac and because I refuse to let my endometriosis take control of my life and force me into a hysterectomy at 22.

@ashley, I don't blame you. 5am, wow, you need sleep girl. Keep with it, it's good.

I have not been diagnosed celiac but when I ate grains, I would feel sick to my stomach and bloated for hours. I always thought it was because of my IBS. Amazing that it's gone. So, I wonder if I had it. Mine is for health, high cholesterol. And 3 weeks in, I love it and will never go back. I feel amazing (most of the time). Energy, etc.

I'm going to give this a whirl tomorrow night for dinner. The enchiladas. Yummy!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-pr...#axzz2V1XvFSDm
    Last edited by Gwynnda; 06-04-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    Health
    Happiness &
    "add a food"

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    everyone... I posted a thread setting woo would like to start 21 day challenge June 10th as a way to give you An opportunity to get resources in place. This week is kinda a "work out the kinks" practice run....

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast