Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Newbie like me to support each other. page 3

RayDWeger is offline Member
    MFP same as here raydweger email is ray.weger@gmail

Chocolate is as follows DARK CHOCOLATE @ 70% cacao or better I use special dark at 100% cacao and sometimes I will sweeten it with stevia (liquid is better as it has no added stuff)

You can try a tsp of cocoa with a few drops of stevia plus vanilla extract &/or cinnamon with your coffee but if you have learned to drink it black that is best and the least work......

Coffe actually helps your body mobilize fat so a few cups are a good thing..... I am a long time coffee fiend and have never had issues with it....

If you want to treat yourself take a cup of good coffee ad a tsp of dark cocoa, few drops of stevia, 2 tbsp of heavy cream 1 tbsp of vanilla extract into a blender with ice for a mid meal treat. You can also add a tbsp of virgin olive oil for more fat .......

One more thing make sure you minimize omega 6 oils and get a top quality omega 3 fish oil and omega 3 eggs
    If your not a big fish eater like me take approx 2 to 3 grams of the fish oil and eggs are my GO TO SNACK / food

Be sure and add sodium to your daily diet you need 2 to 3 grams / day if your in NK ( if you have blood pressure issues do some research first)

shonieb33 is offline Junior Member
    I am on the custom ratio on myfitpal and it doesn't like the ratios I am trying to put in. It automatically changes it. Did this happen to you?

Figure your current BMR and use that mostly to figure your %s
    Calories are not that important so don't get to wrapped up in them at the end of the day % ratios are far more important. If your wanting to loose weight and your aiming for NK keep your carbs under 50grams & protein under 100 grams.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    ANYONE UP FOR A 21-day official re-start? TOMORROW? MONDAY?

I am 5'5" and 140...24% and looking to just feel my best (tighter would be great), but really I would simply like to improve my relationship with food (i.e. decrease emotional eating, etc.) and decrease SUGAR!

I've been 80% primal for 3 weeks and feeling amazing...so much energy and seeing my reliance on emotional eating decrease significantly.

I am on MFP

and...I use:
    PROTEIN: 100 g. or so
    CARB: 100 g.
    Fat: whatever, but usually 70-80 g (I think)
    I really just try to get in my protein and keep a close eye on carbs

shonieb33 is offline Junior Member
    I am on the custom ratio on myfitpal and it doesn't like the ratios I am trying to put in. It automatically changes it. Did this happen to you?

Gwynnda is offline Member
    @Primal, lets go. I'm on day 5 and the only thing I did was have 1 square of Dark Chocolate last night. So, I don't think that will be too bad, I won't starting tomorrow for the next 21-days. And we have to do some type of exercises. As Ashlesy said earlier in the thread, I'm going to use my body weight. Lunges, squats, push-ups, dips, etc. I'm going to start off slow tomorrow and see how I feel the next day. Then I can judge how much I can do. I know push-ups will be "girly" ones. I'm a wimp up top but my legs are pretty strong.

@shonie, that happened to me before and it's because my computer or internet stalled before it saved the changes, so when you save, make sure you see the red comment that your changes have been saved. You can conquer emotional eating, we are here for you. It's hard, mine was licorice. I don't miss it anymore. It's strange to me.

@Ray, thanks for the help, I know I appreciate it. I'm good with just the black coffee now. I really like it black, it took a while.

I'm so glad you guys answered this thread because I had so many views before Ray and Ashley responded. I really did not want to do this alone. It's nice to talk to you guys,

OK, going back to the yard, I have 4 more things and they are big that I have to plant.
    Last edited by Gwynnda; 06-02-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Glad to help
    I have going through a lot of different lines of thought the the last few weeks but have landed on going back to VLC less than 30 grams, with proteins around 135 grams that will put me just under a gram per pound of lbm and with my total fat intake at roughly 80 percent

I am restarting this,today so the 21 day thing sounds good to me

Sent from my EVO using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    So I put out a thread asking if anyone wants to start the 21-day transformation officially June 10th (in order to get the materials/research) needed.

I am soo new to social media that I have no idea how to link back to a thread....ugh! Did you see that post?

Actually, the 21- day sounds good to me too. Count me in!

@Gwynnda I know it seems more beneficial to do "girly" push ups, but one thing my bf showed me is that even if YOU think you cant, or arent strong enough, your body is capable of doing almost anything. Its your mind that is holding you back. Try doing as many full push ups as you can, rather than doing the half ones. It will be more of a full body workout, plus it will make your arms stronger from having to lift your body rather than just half like the others. Also one thing I learned the other day, if you do rounds for your workouts, you will always be able to do more than you thought. I saw one of the WOW's on here, cant remember the name, but it had to do with 500. Basically, you pick 4-5 exercises and you have to do a total combined rep of 500 between all the exercises. I chose to do push ups, dips, planks, lunges and squats. I made sure I did at least 50 of each, and I timed myself. I also did each round to fail, so basically my arms were shaking and I couldn't do another without my body giving out.

Round One:
    12 push-ups
    60 squats
    40 lunges (20 each leg)
    2 min plank
    12 dips

Round Two:
    12 pushups
    60 squats
    40 lunges
    2 min plank
    13 dips

Round Three
    26 pushups
    70 squats
    50 lunges
    2 min plank
    25 dips

When it came to round 3, I wanted to give up. I was already sweaty and tired by that point, but I wanted to prove that my willpower was strong enough to finish it. I also didn't want to do another round after this one. As cliche as it sounds, I turned on "Till I Collapse" by Eminem and kept it on repeat until I finished the third round. During the pushups, I took a few seconds resting with my arms straight and then I kept going until I finished all 26. It just shows me that the mindset change from "this hurts, I cant do any more" to "I can do this, only have to make it to 26, I"m at 10, just need to do 5 more, almost there, etc".

As for today, so far I'm sitting at 25g carbs, 57g protein, and 73g fat.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    @Primalfreedom Which board did you post it in? I'll see if I can find a way to link it onto here for you

Edit: I found the posting. If you want to link back to it, you can go to your profile, and on the right hand side it will list all the postings you've made. Click on the 21 day one. Then once you're on that page, there should be a gray bar between the thread name and your first posting. On that gray bar, there are a bunch of titles with drop down menus. Click on the link back menu, and the first one listed should be link back url. I'm thinking that's the one that you'll want.
    Last edited by ashleyisbister; 06-02-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast