Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Newbie like me to support each other. page 10

aubbob is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynnda View Post
    I think the most important thing to remember is we are all making a life style change. We are not expected to be anything other than human. We learn from our experiences and make better choices (not related to food just in general). As for eating and other people, all we can do is what we can do, I know how parents can be. My grandmother is freaking out about the way I'm eating. She does not understand and believes CW. So, I change the subject and distract her. Sometimes it works and other times it does not. She's old and forgetful but sometimes she is as sharp as a tack. She lives in MT so when I go visit her, I know I'll be challenged with what you go through with your parents Ashley. Will I cave in and eat a bit or everything she fixes me or will I stand firm? I don't know. It will probably come down to the look on her face. Can't say for sure.

I have some exciting news! I think my husband is 1) sick and tired of listening to me complain about the beef (without hormones and antibiotics, etc.) because it's still GRAIN fed or 2) he is just giving in because he knows it's healthier. We are going to go buy a side of beef in a couple of weeks. YAY!!!!!! I'll have 1/2 a cow in my freezer that is grass fed. So excited.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth for the evening. G'nite everyone.
    Yes Gwynnda! I love this. My husband and I were feeling a little Nazi-like in our strictness the first few days, but I've been gently reminding myself and him that even when I am a little over 100g of carbs and had too much fruit or whatever, this is a PROCESS. It is also infinitely better than the way we were eating just a week ago.

This weekend has been a little tough for us with going out to eat with family and also celebrating a friend's 21st. So we probably made some choices that weren't exactly primal. Just dusting off and going back to it though.

Congrats on the beef Gwynnda! My father-in-law raises cattle, and though he does finish them on grain, the rest of the time they are out munching on grass the way cows should be. And the meat is free so I cannot complain

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    just a note to remind you that a 21 day transformation group is started and I'll be beginning it tomorrow, june 10th. The link to the group is in my signature.
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Well, me and a friend are going to be starting Whole30 tomorrow. Figured I needed to take it a step further than 21-Day Transformation and cut out all dairy too. It'll be nice having someone nearby to do this with, so then we can shop together and such, and both of our significant others will hopefully appreciate the outcomes!

On the plus side, I found a WAY faster and easier way to get my sweet potatoes in. Turns out one of our local big chain supermarkets does canned organic baby food. One of the options is sweet potatoes. The ingredients are organic sweet potatoes and water. I can get a 213ml jar for $.98. Pretty sure I've found my new go to food!

Gwynnda is offline Member
    Let us know how your doing ladies @ashley and @Primal. I re-started on the 26th and have yet to be nothing but Primal.

Ashley, my sister and I used to eat baby food, we were in our teens.
    Health
    Happiness &
    "add a food"

@Ashley...the big difference between whole30 and primal? Am I correct that Whole30 is no dairy, coffee, wine?
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

raikay is offline Member
    Oh my gosh, I've been really bad about updating. So far it seems to be about like this for the areas I'm really trying to watch and improve:

Macros - within ~5% of my target (I decided I want to try and focus more on that than number of calories)
    Stress - Super high, but getting a bit better every day I don't smoke (on my 9th day...)
    Sleep - Super bad. I've been averaging 4 hours of good sleep with being in bed for 8-8.5. I seem to be having hot flashes and night sweats that are severely messing with my sleep patterns. I'm going to be talking to my doc about it when we review my bloodwork on Thursday.
    Exercise - Bordering on chronic at times depending on how bad I want to smoke.

On a good note, yesterday when I was at my massage appointment my masseuse asked if I had lost weight because my face looked thinner and I looked a bit more toned Definitely made my afternoon!

How is everyone doing today?
    Every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value --Winnie Dalley

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gwynnda is offline Member
    @raikay, YAY for you. Isn't it wonderful that people are noticing?!

CONGRATS on day 9. I am so proud of you, you go girl.
    Health
    Happiness &
    "add a food"

@raikay...a huge congrats! My husband quit 5 years ago...the BEST (and hardest) thing EVER!!! So proud of you!!!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

I'm on day 3 if 21 day transformation. although I'm eating primal, its cool to see gore to integrate the rest of the principles

I'm realizing I only allow "play" on the weekends. What.do you guys do for play?
    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

RayDWeger is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Deb (wife) & I foster / rescue dogs for a couple of rescue groups here in SA...... And our latest "pay it forward" venture is starting a meetup group to focus on helping people that need or want health / wellness / fitness help. We are doing it as a 90 day commitment for free seems logical that helping people struggling with how to change their life should be FUN

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast