Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ketosis Questions page

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member

Ketosis Questions

Primal Fuel
    I have a friend that has advocated ketosis for a long time, and he has sold me on trying it out.

So I am on day 4 today, all's well. Only drinking water and milk sucks pretty bad but I am getting used to it.

anyway- June 9th is my first annual Valhalliday Barbarian Barbecue, and I want to get drunk.

What can I drink in what amount without totally derailing myself?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    why are you only drinking water and milk and can i ask how much milk?
    straight liquor such as scotch, rye, vodka, and gin would be the best choices as long as the mixer contains no sugar.
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 05-31-2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: forgot the booze
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

What else could I drink...? Everything else is made out of sugar.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

How much milk though? I dunno- not much I think? A gallon in a week.

Also coconut milk- I make my protein shakes with equal parts milk, coconut milk, and water and stretch it so that the volume is like 3x the usual- its the only time of day that I am drinking anything that has any flavor to it, so I try and stretch it.

theres about 4.5 carbs in 100ml full fat milk
    green tea is good as is selzer
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'

Oh crap... I didn't even think to check the milk nutrition info.

It's 2% though if that changes things.

But you're saying that I can get drunk? Because it won't be a barbaric barbarian barbecue if I just get high.

yes it makes it worse, that's 11.2 in 100ml

Shotglass is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    But you're saying that I can get drunk?
    Do what you want. It's your hangover.

If you're truly concerned about the nutritional info in alcoholic beverages that you might consume then plug some of them into a website and find out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Don't be so concerned about yesterday, or worried about tomorrow, that you forget to enjoy today.

if your going to do it every night it'll be a problem but as a one of it wont be dreadful. if you're in ketosis by the 9th then the carbs from the spirits will get burned immediately by the body and you'll return to ketosis when they are gone. drink them neat or soda water or with low cal mixers if you must have something else I dunno about hangovers though :

Thank you again- awesome news.

God damn it sucks about the milk though. Haha now I'm down to only water. The hardest part is not drinking sweet things, the carbo food is not such a loss.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast