Thread: When does moving slowly turn into chronic cardio? page

Lspoor is offline Junior Member

Smile When does moving slowly turn into chronic cardio?

Hi guys!
    I'm a bit of a newbie here so please bear with me!

I'm transitioning into primal (started about 2months ago) - I would say I'm approx 80% there with diet (still succomb to the odd pastry at work!), I've started bodyweight resistance training (using you are your own gym...mullered my quads yikes!), and now I'm adding in moving slowly. I've been trying to walk 5hours/week, but in fact my weight has increased and I don't think my fat composition has overly changed either. I've started jogging slowly instead, but want to stay in the range where I'm fat burning rather than using glycogen. Is there any way to know when I'm in the right level? I guess I need to get a heart rate monitor but until that time I'm wondering if anyone had any hints or tricks they could share with me? I actually rather enjoy gentle jogs along the coast, and the dog enjoys it too so if I can carry on doing this I'd be very happy! I'm aware I need to add in sprints too at some stage, but just recovering from a minor operation so will need to leave that bit for now .

Any advice much appreciated!

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Lspoor View Post
    Hi guys!
    I'm a bit of a newbie here so please bear with me!

I'm transitioning into primal (started about 2months ago) - I would say I'm approx 80% there with diet (still succomb to the odd pastry at work!), I've started bodyweight resistance training (using you are your own gym...mullered my quads yikes!), and now I'm adding in moving slowly. I've been trying to walk 5hours/week, but in fact my weight has increased and I don't think my fat composition has overly changed either. I've started jogging slowly instead, but want to stay in the range where I'm fat burning rather than using glycogen. Is there any way to know when I'm in the right level? I guess I need to get a heart rate monitor but until that time I'm wondering if anyone had any hints or tricks they could share with me? I actually rather enjoy gentle jogs along the coast, and the dog enjoys it too so if I can carry on doing this I'd be very happy! I'm aware I need to add in sprints too at some stage, but just recovering from a minor operation so will need to leave that bit for now .

Any advice much appreciated!
    Mark says that you should be able to hold a conversation while you move slowly. To me that means no labored breathing.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.