Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June 2013 - Who's In? page

Leida is offline Senior Member

Whole 30 for June 2013 - Who's In?

Primal Fuel
    I am planning to continue with the Whole 30 lifestyle in June 2013. I did quite clean for the most of May.

My Whole 30 is pretty much by the book, with additional exclusion of coffee. For June, I will try to limit my nightshades significantly - basically if I make salsa, I will eat tomato, but that's that.

The only thing I am not doing is the 'no counting/no weighing' portion, as simply eating clean does not result in the weight loss for me. I will be trying to keep carbs under 90 g a day.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I'm continuing, too!
    just when I am feeling good is no time to quit.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Oh good, You started the thread. I'm in too. I am re reading my copy of "It Starts with Food". I have attempted W30 twice before, but have never made it all the way.

That is my goal. 30 days by the rules. No weighing, tracking or measuring anything. I have a scale addiction for sure. I did all of my starting measurements this morning.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I am starting whole30 this month too! I've just read It Starts With Food and am ready and raring to go! I won't be having coffee either mainly because the only way I like it is sweet and milky and trying to gag it down black and unsweetened has zero appeal! I'd rather drink peppermint tea or something! (I've never understood trying to drink coffee in an unpalatable form just to be drinking it...)

Of course I've already had a minor hiccup this morning because my dear daughter made me some bacon and eggs for breakfast (my first whole30 meal) and the bacon really shouldn't have been allowed! But... I'm not gonna turn down food when my baby makes it for me! I'll just have to make it clear that I can't eat their treats.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Can someone point me to the 'rules' of Whole30? I found Sisson's original post on it. But here in the forum, it seems like there are lots of items on individuals no-no list and I can't figure out if there are different guidelines.

If everything else is going properly, would a person have to give up their beloved cream in their coffee?
    Last edited by spk; 05-31-2013 at 09:41 PM.

The Whole30 Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

Here you go.

PS cream and regular butter are out as dairy is not allowed. sorry. The main idea of w30 is a complete elimination diet so that you can see how things effect you. I have been guilty in the past of leaving little things in and it has effected my success.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 06-01-2013 at 02:49 AM.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Im interested in this but have to weigh, is this really such a no?
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Read the site above. There is a method to this madness. If you have to weigh for medical reasons then weigh. I have insisted on weighing each time I have tried this. I lost weight, but weighing took my focus off healthy non obsessed eating. In the end, the food/weight obsession would get to me and I would jump ship. This time I am doing W30 by the book.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    sorry to be a pain but i cant find the shopping list
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Click on the words "shopping list" in the "Our Whole 30 Proram, as outlined" paragraph in the above link. It loads a PDF of the list that you can print.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 06-01-2013 at 03:57 AM.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast