Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June 2013 - Who's In? page 9

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I learned my chocken breasts had carageenan in the broth they used to plump them up and make them bigger. Never would have expected it and found that by accident. Shtuff happens.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I'm now at day 7 and doing well! However I am about to go out to lunch so there is a wee bit of trepidation there! I have no idea what sort of foods will be at the place I'm going... Ahh well it's challenges like these that make us stronger in the long run!

I'm also not looking forward to facing Sunday as I'll be spending a lot of hors in a location where a lot of non compliant food will be available!

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Good luck Iron Fireling.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Ahh well lunch was so so... There was really nothing compliant on the menu so I just did the best I could with a salad (and had a glass of water).

However, one of my biggest issues in the past has been letting myself get sabotaged by imperfection. I figure that if I can BE imperfect on occasion and not let myself get off course then I'm winning!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Oh, zut. I had a totally smashing day yesterday, except for licking finger when I was packing my daughter's lunch - she had her very own sauce made and wanted the rest packed with her shrimps) and it was a concoction of tomato paste, honey and soy. So, seeing I want to try the anti-inflammatory protocol, I will just start this tomorrow (last egg in the office today) and go till the end of the first week of July. Other than that, a good training session (though PT mixed up the times, so I lifted on my own), lotssa extra lifting with soil, manure and a huge bag (107 L) of peat (great dealdlift, lol!) and almost finished my very last (I SWEAR!) flowerbed.

Went to bed totally too late: hubby worked late, daughter wanted to sword-play and watch Star Treck TNG (we are rising a proper nerd, after all) and I could not tear myself away from my Richard the III book So, in the morning I was groggy and barely remembered my tooth fairy duty and had to have a cold shower... so no forecast checking since yesterday. A MISTAKE!

Our ever-changing weather has really thrown wrench in my plans for today. The plan was to walk to/from bus & at lunch (90 min) and to edge the yard (which takes about an hour). But as I was walking for the bus, the first raindrops fell. I opened the forecast at work, and holy cow. Gym day, gotta be. I have some outdoor running stuff in the office, but I do not have ear-buds. I will try to pick up cheap (?) ear-buds downtown during lunch (hopefully they have them somewhere on sale!) and will see if the gym monitor can hook up the bag & dole out the gym gloves for me. It can work out yet. Too bad I have no swimsuit at work, would not mid a soak in the sauna. Maybe I can pick a top in the Superstore, since my gym shorts will do as the bottoms for sauna....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Day 40 for me. Doing well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Okay, my last egg just went down! I am gonna make kimchi-enoki soup for supper, and no nightshades/eggs after that till July 7th. I am a bit worried, but I have meat cravings lately anyway, and just ordered extra grass-fed ground beef, so should be fine, me thinks.

BTW, I had shrimp yesterday with my kiddo and it was tasting sweet more like lobster. I also think it looked different. Looked it up, apparently it was rock shrimp, a bit different type. Hmm, something new every day.
    Last edited by Leida; 06-07-2013 at 12:12 PM.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    I'm about ready to give up! I need butter and bacon.

Hey, hang in there. My bacon has paprika on it, so no bacon for me either. Did you try mushed avocado with salt instead of butter? I like that, and don't like butter....

Okay, no eggs, but still have one serving left of the kimchi soup. I do miss eggs, but we'll see.

The rains did not come, so got a lot of yard work completed. Now just need to install edging around the new beds & keep on weeding.

On the low side, my skin condition is worsening. The inflammation on the face is not that pronounced, but I am getting patches of kinnda dry itchy skin on my upper body. I am not sure what's up with that???
    Last edited by Leida; 06-10-2013 at 05:46 AM.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    the weirdness of a body cleansing: my nose has been runny, even though I haven't had dairy in almost 2 months! hmph!

Leida,could your rash be some kind of contact-dermatitis from something in your yard?

I think at some point I will do the auto-immune thing, and drop nightshades and eggs. just not ready for that yet. I am still struggling with some cravings, but usually I'm just hungry when it happens, so I eat approved, real food. my joints are not swollen or painful, and I feel good in general.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast