Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June 2013 - Who's In? page 6

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ** I should say they are not THE problem, they are A problem. What they eat shouldn't be of impact on me but it is and I see from others it is too.

Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    spk
    why would refusing to take food you don't eat be rude? are you throwing it in the garbage anyway? returning it to the store? surely you aren't eating it, so why take it?
    I guess I don't understand why it is not rude for people to push us into taking something we don't want/cant use/don't need, but it is rude to refuse to accept something that is garbage.
    As for the not refusing the garbage -- They are giving ppl and come from way of being that does not take well to No thanks. In fact, that usually gets them puffed up, offended and I have to answer a host of ??'s, all of which lead back to me asserting that I, in fact, judge how they eat.

You know that's what happens. It becomes less about my choice and all about what my choice says about theirs. Otherwise, they wouldn't be offended. Believe me, if someone knew a way to handle the parental dance, I take that lesson in a nano sec!

(I agree w/ your suggestion that it's rude of pushers to push)

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Ok, last bit of that family story - the main reason, beside seeing each other, of the picnic was for eggs. Yes, eggs.

I had mentioned my farmer seemed to not be caring for her birds, since I noticed the shells were getting thinner. Like paper thin, which equals a deficiency in their diet. And mom mentioned her neighbors had so many eggs they were tossing them. Can you believe!!? So she offered to bring some to me and I said I'll take 3 dzn. Wham bam I'm dreaming of egg dishes.

Fast forward to the end of our visit, post-carb bomb. And as we're preparing to drive each our own way, mom tosses this out the window:

"honey, I'm interested in finding a good energy drink. Can you help me figure that out?"

Not one to let things go, she calls me at home after the drive back and presses me on how "don't I remember how her Dr. said to take an energy drink if she feels dehydrated or depleted and how there are so many on the market..." I calmly said, "just because the Dr. points you to product on a shelf and doesn't know the ingredients of said product, isn't always the best solution. I'd say lets reverse this approach and look at what causes the tiredness before trying to wake up the body w/ essentially caffeine."

She sighed and said "sure, I suppose." What drives me bananas is she is a lifelong LPN. A nurse! Who I learned from to ??? everything! And frankly, she's given up.

Blah. I am done hijacking this thread w/ family drama. Going to drown myself in some coconut cream right now. =)

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    I'm in! I'm a few days late but I guess I could just run into July a bit.

I have a bbq I'm going to later so hopefully I can keep on track. My first outting with SAD food.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    "honey, I'm interested in finding a good energy drink. Can you help me figure that out?"
    Well, you can always say 1 L of water, 1 half of juice from organic lemon and a pinch of Himalayan salt.... Mixed daily, kept in a thermos.

So I am thinking of opening the caps and pouring the oil onto salads, since I cant return it.
    I am tossing mine away. I have had it with the chocking and fishy burping and I found the cod liver cans in own oil, a tsp of that is gonna serve me just fine, me thinks and it tastes nice, plus it's so rich more than that will not go down! Kindda like chocolate of fish world.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

fitforlife is offline Junior Member
    Is it to late to join in? I have been lurking in the background for awhile now and have lost 7kg but can not kick the sugar cravings and scoff chocolate everyday. Maybe this will give me the kick THAT I NEED to break the habit and and lose my last 5kg.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    ^Not too late. Jump in anytime.

Day 3 went fine for me. Feeling good.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Oh oh oh!!! I didn't know this was here!!

I did actually start on the 1st but was halfway through the day when I realised that I was supposed to be going to my best friends for dinner, and guess what was for dinner? Chinese. I just thought, bugger it, I'll start tmrw, and stuffed myself and Chinese and 3 glasses of champagne and a piece of choc cake. Oh how my tummy rebelled the next morning. I also haven't had coffee since last week as well as I always drank it with milk and sugar and I've had headaches for 2 days.
    So day 2 started out really well and then ended with my brother making a yummy chicken and choritzo stew, but he put in a 1/4 cup of flour to thicken it up. So all up in a huge slow cooker that would feed about 6 people, I didn't get much of that flour at all and I picked out the butter beans. I was stressing about having to start over, but Paula made me get over it and move on. Lol
    Was so good today too although I feel like I've been starving all day. I had scrambled eggs for bfast with a bit of ham and tomato and then went off to work with no snacks. My favourite Lindt balls were sitting in the back office and I didn't have any!! But by 1pm I was starving! Came home and had steak and veges for lunch and some almonds I think.
    At dinner it was chevups and veges and chevups have bloody sugar in them!!! I would never have thought that. Wondering if that's why I'm not craving sugar so badly and my stomach is still gurgling away. After dinner I also had a handful of macadamia nuts and a spoonful of coconut oil.
    Rounded off the day with a cup of jasmin green tea. Why on earth am I still hungry?

And what's this about no bacon?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Hi folks!

Most bacon available commercially has some stuff added to it, nitrites, celery salt, what have you. That makes it a food that could trigger problems, hence it is not used during W30. I cure my own bacon in the good old Eastern Europenian way, with just salt, pepper, garlic etc, and I use it during W30 if I feel like it.

My demand for sleep keeps increasing. I have to adjust my schedule in a hurry. I am so used to barely able to sleep 6 hours, that the need to sleep for 8 hours now comes as a surprise. So, I did a radical step to skip the gym this morning and sleep the heck in. Went for a walk to the library before work, starting work at 7 am. Sweet cravings are going down, none in the morning, just in the evening.

And the gum paste class was great I guess I will be making a fancy Canada Day cake this year for the office, lol.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast