Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June 2013 - Who's In? page 5

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I totally understand that, Leida.

For the first time on W 30 I am taking up the "No weigh" challenge and it is hard. Not sure what will happen if the number on July 1st does not match my hopes. I still have a good amount to lose though so there should be some movement.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, i did W30 in the past w/o weighing in, and went for weeks enforced no weigh ins, and tbh, it is just hard, and not liberating in any way, and creates more stress for me than weighing in
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Castle is offline Senior Member
    Leida: Do you still have a scale in your house? One of the things that made W30s easier for me was moving to a place that didn't have a scale. If not weighing in is stressful, then that's a prime indication that you have a bad relationship with your scale.

Pebbles: You could always not weigh at the end of the W30.

roggg is offline Junior Member
    First two days are behind me. So far so good. I miss extra-old cheddar, and I'm now acutely aware of just how much cheating I was actually doing as an 80% PB. Should be a good opportunity to shed some bad habits.

As for Whole 30 being a good or bad introduction to Primal/Paleo, I personally dont think so. If someone had presented this program to me in January (when I started being PB-ish) I would have laughed at it. Far too Draconian. Having already broken the carb addiction, I feel more empowered today to try something like this. But as an intro I think I would have been setting myself up for failure.

Let's agree to disagree on that one, Okay?

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Castle, unfortunately I need to know how much I weigh for medical reasons, but there is no reason I can' t continue with once a month after w30.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    phooey - blew it! but I'm back on the horse, although I had bkfst late so that might set me up for a food-fest later today.

The problem (and I'm sorry to vent) but it's my family. They know how I feel about this. They are well intentioned, generous ppl. Well intentioned ppl who are obese and have cancer, arthritis and alzheimers in the family history. One has already survived cancer once!

So we haven't seen each other since last fall and mom proposes this wknd we meet 1/2 way and have a quick picnic and then drive back to our respective towns. This is great I think and I ask what can I bring from 'the big city' that neither of them has visited in 8+ years.

Here is what they requested, all from local French bakery:
    4 turkey sandwiches
    2 eclairs
    2 palmier cookies
    1 baguette

Sigh. And when I got there they insisted I take back w/ me a bag of cheezits and freetos. I couldn't be rude. I can't/don't eat it. They've got their copies of PB from me. And have for the last month done IF 2x a week -- I hold out hope!

Sheesh, that's frustrating, but honestly, particularly if you plan to continue to carry on for longer than 30 days, or if it is not your first W30, that should just be a minor blimp. And congrats on distributing PB to your folks!

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    spk
    why would refusing to take food you don't eat be rude? are you throwing it in the garbage anyway? returning it to the store? surely you aren't eating it, so why take it?
    I guess I don't understand why it is not rude for people to push us into taking something we don't want/cant use/don't need, but it is rude to refuse to accept something that is garbage.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I bought cashews today - and ate a few too many. I know why I don't have them around - they are a serious food with no brakes for me. I left the container in the car so I wouldn't eat more while doing stuff around the house!
    These past 30+ days have been really eye-opening. There are foods that I will NEVER eat again, and I will question ingredients even more than before. I always read labels, but now I will be suspicious of what is NOT said. I recently called a company that makes fish-oil capsules, because "no soy" is NOT on the label, but there is no soy listed in the ingredients. So the guy tells me there is "ultra-refined" soy in the capsule. What the heck is that? So I am thinking of opening the caps and pouring the oil onto salads, since I cant return it.
    I wonder why they don't have to mention the soy? Those disclaimers about shared equipment are on all kinds of products, why not gel-caps? Good grief!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast