Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June 2013 - Who's In? page 4

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    W30 certainly simplifies things. LOL
    Unfortunately, the rest of my family is not even Primal...yet.

About the "little things". I did want to add that I don't think people need to start over every time something that is not allowed slips in. For example, I discovered that my current coconut milk contains sulfites. That doesn't mean that I am doing day 1 again today. The balance to that is not letting more and more "No list" stuff slip in.

Today is Day 2. Tomorrow I will go buy a different brand of CM.

If I make 30 days without sweeteners, *most dairy and no binges, I will feel successful.
    (*I allow for butter when eating out)
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 06-02-2013 at 11:08 AM.

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    My first day went great...i'm already grateful to the w30 for introducing (actually forcing me) to try coconut cream and ghee...so delish...how did I not try these things before....

calee is offline Senior Member
    Paula, if you're going 99%, why not let go of the butter and go 100% so that you can feel the accomplishment of completing a Whole 30? What do you have to lose except a few pounds? You can do this! What restaurant food would really need butter?

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    On day 1, my husband insisted that we go out to eat. I had butter on 1/2 a potato, so it is already a "done deal" so to speak.
    I don't plan to eat out again, but in my house when my husband wants to go out, we go. It is not worth the argument to say no. We don't eat out that often.

At home, I am using ghee.

I believe that you can have the accomplishment of completing a Whole 30 without perfectionism, but that is just me. I refuse to say day 1 again over a pat of butter or unseen sulfites.

I'm not saying that everyone else should think this way about w30, that is just my take on it.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    i started mine on the 20th June so this is day 15 for me but I am going to the end of June.

I cheated a little last night (New York Style Cheesecake) but I am fasting today and I am back on it for this week.

It is always harder in the summer for me due to social commitments of the sport i play. Trying my best though

Fast today
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Well, I am back to square one with weight this morning after OD'ing on a roast chicken and coconut milk with blueberries yesterday. Don't you just love when the hard-lost pounds come right back overnight? Back at 136 instead of being down to 131 as hoped. And that's after doing hours of pounding my stepping stones into the ground and digging, and a hap-ki-do class. Plus the swelling really intensified on my poor eye. Ew.

Oh, well, gonna try to have a good day anyways. The first gum paste and fondant cake decorating class tonight, yay!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    don't always listen to the scale Leida, its a god dam liar.

It usually takes 2-3 days for me to get rid of the bad stuff from my body
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

No bad stuff. Just too much as always.

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    Probably just water weight. I never weigh after an od day...know it is going to be bad so why torture myself...I think the hardest part of th W30 for me is the no scale part...on day 2
    And it is kind of nice not having the number set the tone for my day...of course i can almost always tell by the size of my stomach what my weight will be and right now that isnt pretty but what I dont know cant hurt me lol...just hoping to have tbhe strength to stay the course (the food part should be easy since Ive been primal for a while...no butter or cream r my only changes )

Sent from my PG06100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I prefer to weigh daily, as I find the hardest thing for me to deal with is the false hope. I am endlessly hopeful person, and I just can't stop hoping that one day my body will just suddenly respond with a fat loss. It never happens, and it's kindda hard. So I weigh myself to keep the expectations in check.

I know that my WOE is for optimal performance, but I still can't let go of a dream of acquiring a firm body without losing sleep, feeling lethargic and exhausted, starving and not eating yummy fruit. The sooner I do, the better I will be.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast