Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June 2013 - Who's In? page 3

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That is an excellent question. I would consider W30 to be an intro to Paleo more than Primal. Primal is Paleo's more permissive cousin.

I think it may depend on your personality. It may be too restrictive for some. The great thing about the Primal Blueprint is that many can be successful while still allowing borderline foods like dairy. W30 is often another step when one has mastered the PB principles and wants to go deeper into the nutrition end of things. If you are unsure if you have food allergies, W30 can be a great elimination program.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Well I was going to weigh myself this morning to get a baseline for the start of Whole30 and I forgot and ate first!

I did pretty well on the first day except for the caffeine withdrawal headache (which means I took painkillers... Not good I'm sure but I'm hoping the need won't last long). I had a weird headache last night where it didn't hurt if I was still but if I moved quickly I'd get stabbing pains in my head. That seems to have eased a little since I got up though.

Hoping not to have to take more today but as I have training this afternoon I may have to!

I'm cutting down my caffeine to about 2 cups from 4-6. Not having cream or splenda makes it a little easier.

My first day was very good. I taped an index card over the scale display that says "Hi Sexy! You are not this number. Check back on July first."
    I will try to see changes in the mirror and in clothes this month.

Eating went well.

I am about to print off the W30 info for my husband in hopes that he will really try it.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I'm cutting down my caffeine to about 2 cups from 4-6. Not having cream or splenda makes it a little easier.
    I think that's one of the best things you could possibly do for your overall health. Have you ever tried Teeccino? You can blend it in with your coffee to cut back gradually if you want. Delicious stuff.

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    That is an excellent question. I would consider W30 to be an intro to Paleo more than Primal. Primal is Paleo's more permissive cousin.

I think it may depend on your personality. It may be too restrictive for some. The great thing about the Primal Blueprint is that many can be successful while still allowing borderline foods like dairy. W30 is often another step when one has mastered the PB principles and wants to go deeper into the nutrition end of things. If you are unsure if you have food allergies, W30 can be a great elimination program.
    Thanks for that thought. I'm going to hold off diving into W30 now, I want to get comfortable with the nutrition and exercise mechanics of Primal first before I challenge myself. I did print out the W30 shopping list though for reference.
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Hi folks, glad to see the thread come alive! We ate supper with friends yesterday, so it was my intermission between W30 May and W30 June. Not that the rules were bend much. I had some cheese and there likely were sugar/preservatives or odd oil in marinades, but overall it was a wonderful day.

Today it's back to squeaky-clean. I am starting off with pretty much no problems except the same 10 lbs I would not mind losing and that weird irritation on the eyelids is back again - garden soil? sun? Have no clue. Other than that, I feel great and happy to be eating this way.

EDIT: I just figured out that my home-made no sugar kimchi has red pepper flakes. I will keep eating it, but the next batch I will make with Sezchuan peppers (hopefully not nightshades)
    Last edited by Leida; 06-02-2013 at 04:56 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I think W30 is recommended for someone starting out because it is an elimination program and if you do slow reintroduction after, it helps a person to find out if s/he has common intolerances, particularly to dairy. Some subtle sensitivities is hard to pinpoint unless you do a strict clean elimination.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I think that's one of the best things you could possibly do for your overall health. Have you ever tried Teeccino? You can blend it in with your coffee to cut back gradually if you want. Delicious stuff.
    I've heard you talk about it before. I'll check it out.

calee is offline Senior Member
    I came to Primal on January 1st. I honestly wish I had known about Whole 30 first because I would have done better going strict, figuring out what foods are harmful to me, and later perhaps loosening up a bit with occasional dairy instead of more frequently. I'm on day 33 of my WholeWhatever and I'm learning a lot about myself. I wasn't really able to budge much weight on PB but did shed it during my first month of Whole 30. While the W30 is not about weight loss, it's about learning to eat by the template for health. I actually love the template and will continue to use it until my few health issues, mainly poor sleep, are resolved. I find it very easy to stick to the plan with no desire to off road into less desirable foods. Abundance of protein, veggies and fruit. Where's the downside? I was still slipping into occasional flour on PB, that's stopped now.

Good luck everyone!

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    The Whole30 Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

Here you go.

PS cream and regular butter are out as dairy is not allowed. sorry. The main idea of w30 is a complete elimination diet so that you can see how things effect you. I have been guilty in the past of leaving little things in and it has effected my success.
    Thanks so much - since Primal had worked for me, I'd never investigated further. But like you, little things have started to effect my success and so this is helpful!

Liked your great description on where these all lie btw Paleo, W30 and Primal too.

However, I had to laugh at myself since when I looked at the shopping list, I kept hitting the 'down' button and wondering, wheres the rest of the food list? hahahahaha

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast