Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Whole 30 for June 2013 - Who's In? page 15

calee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Here's a silly question: If you make your own mayo (light-tasting olive oil, dry mustard, salt, lemon juice, 1 egg), is that allowed? I know you're not supposed to paleoize (a new word!) foods on Whole 30, but I'm not sure about this one. Thanks...

And three cheers to all of you for doing Whole 30 in June! Two days to go!
    Mayo is definitely allowed, and encouraged.

Yesterday I completed my Whole 60 and think that I will continue on to 90. There are no foods that I'm craving to the point of being necessary to off road.

I like how I feel. I've been working out harder than I have in years. I'm down the 5 pounds that I hoped to let go of. My sleep was the worst. I was taking 1/4 of an Ambien every night when I started on May 1st. I think I have taken 1/4 of a pill 2x in the last month. I fall asleep more quickly than in the last 15 years. June 4th I went to 1/2 of my HTZ blood pressure pill. Last week I stopped taking it and my BP last nite was 107/61. Excellent.

I'm continuing to work on food sensitivies. I am slowly reintroducing nightshades. I have determined that egg yolks work for me but other than in a recipe im not particularly interested. I recently tried beef which I had a former sensitivity and I think perhaps it makes me tired.

Congrats to everyone completing their 30 days!!

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    So after many starts and sad ends to my second whole30, I restarted again (I think for the third time) this Thursday. Today is day 4. I feel committed this time. Well, I say that every time but something happens around day 8ish.

I have gained 8 pounds in the last few months...I need to get them off before they become a larger number!

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Hallelujah to the end of whole 30!!! Butter back in my eggs!!! And some dark chocolate last night coz I missed it. I had found 85% too bitter before I started the whole 30 and now it was just sweet enough. Coffee, although smells great, doesn't taste so great anymore. I'll still be sticking to 80/20 primal with the odd sweets from time to time (more than likely paleo if I can). The 20% is things like rice flour and sugar in seasonings.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Oh and I didn't need to lose weight but I still lost 3kgs so think I may be looking a bit skinny. I definitely need to start working out.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    W30 redo for July. I know I hit a new low weight at some point about mid June. This morning, I was up 13 lbs due to a week of non stop binges. Sigh.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Mayo is definitely allowed, and encouraged.
    Thanks!

I'll be doing a Whole 30 beginning in late July, after vacations, birthday celebrations, and a big summer party. I think at the moment my two biggest culprits are way too much fruit (OMG, CHERRIES!!!) and simply eating too much (albeit primally), so I'm not sure what the Whole 30 will do, but it can't hurt to give it a shot.

roggg is offline Junior Member
    So I managed whole 15 for the first half of the month, and then the wheels fell off. Of course by "wheels fell off", I mean reverted to 80/20 primal, which is miles better than where I was last year. Also on the bright side, I busted my weight loss plateau and dropped 4 lbs for the month, so it was not entirely in vain. I need to retrospect on why I fell off, and try again for the month of July. I know some of the reasons I failed in June, but it sounds a lot like excuses when I say it out loud, so I'm just going to have to try again.

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    Has a July 2013 thread been started?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Hey, folks. I will be travelling next week, and go back to W30 proper once I am back. for now I am enjoying a bit of dairy and honey & tried coconut sugar in home-made ice-cream.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415