Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June 2013 - Who's In? page 14

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Interesting, I never knew fruit was a factor.
    That's just what I'd read. I have no experience as I no longer think my foot pain is related to gout.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to have a break from the rigidity of the whole 30 in July. Just so I can go back to butter with my scrambled eggs and I want to start experimenting with some paleo treats as its my daughters birthday coming up in August. I also wouldn't might making some for my mum too as she keeps posting very unhealthy recipes on Facebook!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Hi folks, with the flooding life was a bit hectic here. No deviations for me, but I am thinking to put the eggs back in today. I have had a cold over the weekend, but not one of those inflammatory crappy thinggies. My skin won't clear, but that's fruit consumption & I there is no mitigation for it. Fruit >>> pimples!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Good work Leida!

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I am going to continue the Whole 30 rules as closely as possible, but I have some things over the summer that may mean a few meals aren't 100%. I have already seen so many benefits of this, that I will never go back to certain foods and additives again. Mostly I cook, but if I have to eat someone else's cooking, I know I have this WOE to fall back on.
    Good luck everyone, maybe I will join the Whole30 in August over at Whole9life.com.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Almost done, folks! I am so glad I work out of the house. This enforced week at home by the flood and access to food, even good food & necessity to feed my kiddo just piled the pounds on me. Did not matter that I did a great deal of gym and walking with my kiddo.For me it's always about food! And I don't have the chops to eat less when I am at home.

Made a cocoa fudge cake for my folks last day of school. Obviously, did not eat the cake, but to not dip fingers into running ganache (dunno about your ganache, but mine always run away on me when I glaze the cake) and not eat the cake while my folks enjoyed it, I ate plenty of fruit and veggies and even a few nuts (and I swore off nuts two days ago, yeah, right...).

Obviously a trip to the scale this morning was a harrowing experience, adding 3 lbs overnight to the other 2 I managed to pick up since last Saturday. So, yeah, I am at the new heaviest in years. That's of course, in the week I hoped to see another 0.5 lbs drop on my way to 130. Instead I am a 1.5 lbs away from 140. I am also a universe away from my goal weight of 125 lbs now. I feel so ashamed of myself. Ouch.

Well, today the before and after school care is finally open, and taking the kids for a trip. So I will try to fast for as long as I can. Even made myself a cup of coffee just now in a desperate attempt to defeat the hunger monster. Hunger is so evil. And packing lunches is not helping. Even okay with my folks eating cake and ganache dipped bananas (there was a chocolate lake in the plate!) for breakfast. Poor sods. But after that they will be back to eating clean, lol. Making roast for the to throw in the slow cooker (it's HOT now!). Cucumber simple cool salad to go with the roast.

Anyway, gonna shake my husband awake tell him what's where & go work in the garden before the heat chases me away. There are weeds to pull, clemmies/roses to fertilize & tulips to dig up and relocate, + I gotta to thin out the beets to use the resulting 'micro-greens' in the cucumber salad, lol!) Then shopping & not sure about the gym. If I don't go, I will probably fast better. We'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by Leida; 06-28-2013 at 05:52 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

I can't wait for July 1!!! I need butter!!!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Here's a silly question: If you make your own mayo (light-tasting olive oil, dry mustard, salt, lemon juice, 1 egg), is that allowed? I know you're not supposed to paleoize (a new word!) foods on Whole 30, but I'm not sure about this one. Thanks...

And three cheers to all of you for doing Whole 30 in June! Two days to go!

I would. But that's just me.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    I would. But that's just me.
    Thanks!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast