Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June 2013 - Who's In? page 13

calee is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm still hanging in with my Whole. I'm on day 51. It's getting much easier to eat just meat and salad at a restaurant withour eyeing the other things. I got a bit bored around day 30 but it was more lack of creative food planning.

I added egg yolks back around day 45. No problem. Added decaf coffee around same time with no problems. Still off all nightshades but want to test. Have had beef 3 times. Twice with digestive upset the following day. I tried 4 oz of good quality ribeye last night. Waiting to see how I fare d igestively.

Not sure if this will turn into 100 days or what....

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am glad to hear you ould re-introduce the yolks. Are you planning to try whole eggs as well?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I am getting back on board. Today will be my first day without dairy.

I have developed some symptoms of gout in my right foot. Hurts like hell. The pain started on Tuesday. I've tracked backwards and I'm pretty sure the flare was triggered by my fruit consumption and my trip to Buffalo Wild Wings. I've been eating a LOT of fruit lately and Mark says that high fructose foods seem to be a bigger problem for gout suffers than high protein foods (lowering protein consumption seems to be the CW solution).

So, I'm going to be watching my fruit consumption and sticking pretty closely to Whole30 to see how things go.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I hope it will help! Ouch, about fruit. I have never considered it in connection with gout. (Sigh) Fruit is the only thing I haven't learned to limit.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing pretty well, just steak seasoning here and there and some Cajun seasoning on my chicken. But in the grand scheme of things, I think I'm doing pretty well. Even avoided the morning tea at work today for a bunch of people leaving. I had to sit with my back to the table because there was absolutely nothing there I could eat.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    At the end of my 30 days.

I have had 4 blips in 30 days(Bannoffee pie, Pizza, 5 beers and a curry) which my social calender dictated really.

I am delighted with the results. lost 1 and a half inches on my waist and my body fat is noticeably down.

I am going to of course continue this journey and aim for about 85% primal. I am 30 at the end of the day and I have a busy social calender (including a marriage in a few weeks) so it is important to be realistic.

Good luck all.

2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    SIL and I are starting fresh on Monday. I have reintroduced dairy and have gained 5 pounds in the process. *sigh*

I don't think it's gout after further research. I'm going to see my chiropractor tomorrow morning to get an adjustment on my feet and see if that helps at all.

Happy Friday to all!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    That's it, I broke it, I ate bread. Back to the grind stone.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I ate chocolate, and some nut and fruit bars yesterday, and this a.m. I paid for it by having a stomachache....back on the wagon for me, today.

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I am getting back on board. Today will be my first day without dairy.

I have developed some symptoms of gout in my right foot. Hurts like hell. The pain started on Tuesday. I've tracked backwards and I'm pretty sure the flare was triggered by my fruit consumption and my trip to Buffalo Wild Wings. I've been eating a LOT of fruit lately and Mark says that high fructose foods seem to be a bigger problem for gout suffers than high protein foods (lowering protein consumption seems to be the CW solution).

So, I'm going to be watching my fruit consumption and sticking pretty closely to Whole30 to see how things go.
    Interesting, I never knew fruit was a factor.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast