Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June 2013 - Who's In? page 11

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am not sure, I just assign it to the generic inflammation that seem to migrate from system to system and expresses in various forms. I don't mean to sound like a crazy person, but like I said before, I can't believe it's caused by dry air like the doctor said.
    The skin inflammation is down now to very low level - if it stays there without flaring up while I am eating fruit, I will be a happy camper.

Okay, had my first hard call yesterday with wanting nuts, but passed with coconut oil and cocoa nibs. I am hoping coconut milk and cocoa nibs are okay on anti-inflammatory protocol?

Other than that, good stuff, but worried a bit about grating cheese for pumpkeroni and cheese for my folks tonight. I am having liver or fruit depending on how hungry I am. Over the weekend I am cooking the last beef tongue we have left to have stockpile of breakfasts (chum salmon leftover today)
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Nah, no problem with pumkeroni, but guess who ate almond butter yesterday? Not on the shopping list for next week. Gonna try to stay out of the jar too. Oh, well.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    What's wrong with nuts? Or is that an inflammation thing?

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I find it hard to control myself with nuts - food with no brakes for me!

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    I have a question. It's my sisters birthday dinner on the 29th and she wants to go out for Thai food. What on earth am I going to be able to eat?!

time to start again....had some things off-plan.
    so far, no obvious consequences. that's the problem for me, that the bad stuff happens inside, and takes time to show up. other people have quick, acute reactions that are really bad. I'm not complaining, it just means I have to stick with it because I know bad stuff if still going on, even if I don't feel bad.
    but on the bright side, I made it from the beginning of May until the middle of June, so that's more than 30 days already.

What's wrong with nuts? Or is that an inflammation thing?
    Yep, inflammation. Don't mean to confuse you, lol. In the end, I decided I would eliminate nuts in July if anything flares up again.

My facial skin won't clear up still, but the rest seem fine.

I have a question. It's my sisters birthday dinner on the 29th and she wants to go out for Thai food. What on earth am I going to be able to eat?!
    Thai soups are great, just don't eat noodles. Or look for any item on the menu that has separate meat and ask for steamed veggies as your side. I am afraid I do not like Thai food, so I don't remember eating Thai. If you know what restaurant you sister wants to go to, you can do a menu study before hand.

Of course, I read this silly article this morning about eating dairy at night to keep weight loss going due to the magic power of casein, and now I have my doubts about dropping dairy. On one hand, I do not want to go blind+ want the inflammation to leave me alone forever, on another - who won't want to drop weight! But hey, I ate yogurt before bed before and didn't drop any weight...
    Last edited by Leida; 06-17-2013 at 07:17 AM.

homemade gazpacho soup.
    yummy and refreshing on a hot day, and a big bowl of vegetables, too!
    this isn't relevant to anything, just throwing it out there!

gazpachos are AWESOME in the summer. There is a Russian cold soup that is basically potatoes (which can be omitted easily and replaced by more eggs), eggs, cold meat, greens (dill, chives), cucumbers, radishes etc in squeezed beet juice. It is great. Okroshka unfortunately is out, since it's made with kvass. I love cold soups in the summer.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I let me Whole30 lapse on Saturday after 48 clean days and 16 lbs lost. My husband decided we needed to go out to eat and since we eat steak sometimes 2x per week now that I cook primally/paleo, a steak at a restaurant is not anything special to him anymore. He was concerned about what I would eat and was having trouble picking a restaurant b/c of that (he only likes a handful of restaurants and hybrid restaurants like Village Inn and Applebee's that have a huge menu of many different things are not enjoyable for him), so I told him to just pick a place and I'd make it work. Well, he picked Buffalo Wild Wings and there is just NO working around anything in that place... I got traditional wings (to avoid gluten) and the wedges (because they're good). The next day I woke up so stiff and sore that I felt and looked 90 years old! My ankles were so stiff I could barely walk from the bed to the bathroom (6 foot distance), and my neck was so stiff I could barely turn my head. My back creaked and my knees ached. It was horrible. Today I'm suffering the digestive repercussions. And my run sucked (time-wise - but that may have been due to the 85 degree temp too).

On the plus side, though, I have not dove face first into a bowl of sugar so maybe 48 days was enough to finally switch things in my brain to not want sugar??

I am going to reintroduce dairy, but everything else will remain whole30, except maybe white potatoes once a week or so - white potatoes are a food with no breaks for me.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast