Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June 2013 - Who's In? page 10

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I dunno it seems to be in the places normally protected by clothes & I was working in this yard for 3 years with the same materials. Tried to call my doctor but she is on vacations. I will try a drop-in clinic this afternoon, it is getting really bothersome.

My only other guess is I am reacting to pinapple, as it was the only unusual thing I ate in the past couple of weeks twice.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    My nose is still running every morning too. Are we not allowed paprika? I've been putting that on my chicken coz my mixed salts have rice flour in them.

I love coconut oil, but really, it doesn't taste right with eggs.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    paprika is a nightshade, I believe...try turmeric and dried mustard powder, maybe cumin too. more Moroccan style seasonings for chicken, but its really good.
    use refined coconut oil - has no taste. or make ghee, I am going to make some today, since I do miss butter.

I think that the Whole 30 is in no way about "perfection", but rather a learning process of what foods affect us and how. also about reading labels, learning to live with "real world" situations and taking control of our lives. not just eating, but sleeping and moving, etc.

sweet foods are a trigger for cravings for me, and I cant eat cashews without eating too many.
    Last edited by HopelessDreamer; 06-11-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Are we not allowed paprika? I've been putting that on my chicken coz my mixed salts have rice flour in them.
    Only if you are doing anti-inflammatory protocol in addition to W30.

Folks, I am running, a conference today, packing larabar, banana, cucumbers and salmon! Don't trust anything they might feed us, lol. Unless it's non-spoiled fruit and veggies, but I doubt it.

See you tomorrow!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Paprika is ground from dried sweet red peppers (or hot if you find the hot variety), so it is a nightshade, for those who need to be concerned about that.

I'm not cutting out nightshades (I didn't read that in the W30 rules), coz I can't imagine eating salad with no tomato.

Helen, it is absolutely not a part of W30. I am doing it because I have been plagued by endless inflammatory problems since the end of April.

So, update: On Monday, I sat out my 2 hours to see a doctor, who promptly diagnosed dermatitis and gave me an ointment against it. Now, he said it's caused by dry air. Seeing we have had 3+ weeks of endless rain and possibly the most humidity Calgary experienced all year, I have hard time believing this explanation.

I am continuing my anti-inflammatory. The absence of eggs is surprisingly not a biggie. I can't find my reference, but I am going to take out the tree nuts as well from today on.
    Last edited by Leida; 06-12-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Thanks Leida, I'm glad to hear that I don't necessarily have to cut them out. I'm blitzing at the moment and its getting a little easier to pass up sweet treats. I guess it helps that I've been in a classroom and busy all week.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post

On the low side, my skin condition is worsening. The inflammation on the face is not that pronounced, but I am getting patches of kinnda dry itchy skin on my upper body. I am not sure what's up with that???
    I had this same thing happen after starting my whole30. Mine looks and feels like eczema and is very slowly clearing up as the time passes. When it's really bad, and really flaky, I use coconut oil to moisturize it. The patches are getting smaller and less frequent the longer I remain on Whole30. I think it's a phase in the detox process, maybe?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast