Thread: austin primal con page

dickzark is offline Member

austin primal con

Primal Fuel
    hi we are heading to Austin primal con and we are starting our trip tomorrow . we leave Brisbane Australia on Saturday and Sydney Sunday to arrive in LA on Sunday morning , i would like to drive through Phoenix then to new Mexico and Oklahoma then down to Austin . this should be a good road trip for us and we cant wait to see some of the American country side . the question i have is what should i expect in the way of food along the way .should i stock up at the local grocery store or will there be primal type food i can buy . we get stories of what the food in America is like as in all deep fried with chips and i dont really want to eat like that if i'm coming to a primal con. any hints or help along those line would be appreciated
    Cheers Richard
    i am the invisable man

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    That is a LOT of driving; just a heads up. Pack food like hard boiled eggs, sardines, etc, and do the best you can at restaurants. You'll be fine.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Most hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurants cook from scratch. Getting a plate of chicken or beef with salad and avocado shouldn't be too hard, and don't forget that you can normally get them to just put burrito innards on a plate for breakfast. Some of the roadside burrito places just bring what they made at the house, so they might not be able to provide a gluten-free filling.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

thanks for the response it will be a great trip, back here in queensland it is nothing for us to drive 20 hours to go from brisbane to cairns in two days. we might just have to have a few fasting days along the way. we are so looking toward this adventure .
    i am the invisable man

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    If you like caves, see if Kartchner caverns in AZ or Carlsbad Caverns in NM are on your way. Lovely cool places to hang out for a few hours or days...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Sandman is offline Member
    Happy travels, dickzark. I'll see you in Austin.
    My blog: Regular Guy Paleo and please feel free to "like" my Facebook page.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanks guys for the hints and tips so far we have made it to flagstaff Arizona and have seen the grand canyon and are this morning on our way to new Mexico,Albuquerque Roswell and Carlsbad are next. we have had great food along the way fresh vegetable trays from Safeway and other good food from Mexican dinners. so far we have stayed at a few holiday inns and tried the breakfast only to discover it seems like all food comes out of a box or tastes like it i have never seen an omelet so yellow and it looks like a pancake with cheese that's like plastic.
    see you all soon in Austin
    i am the invisable man