Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meticulous for 6 weeks... Still not fat adapted! Help! page 2

Kmilloy is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for the replies! Always reassuring to know you're on the right side of normal

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lorichka6 View Post
    Could it be electrolyte related? There are some threads on here about not feeling great low carb (mostly during exercise) that was helped with changes in sodium, potassium, magnesium, etc.
    This... espically magnesium

Also you are staving you floral with no starch, your gut bacteria is 80% of your immune system

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    The sodium recommendation for someone eating VLC is 5000mg sodium / day. One Tsp of salt only has about 2400mg of sodium.
    Up the sodium. It will make a huge difference in how you feel. Some people choose to drink 1-2 cups of bouillon / day to hit the sodium level, but there are unwanted ingredients in most brands.

Or up the carbs to 50+

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Those symptoms aren't "carb flu"(seriously who coined this stupid phrase?) that's your blood sugar being on a rollercoaster due to low carbs and spurring your fight or flight hormones.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Sorry, you'll have to filter out the sugar bugs. J3nn, Derpamix, Zach and a few others think candy = health, and push their glucose-loving ways on people truly interested in being fat-fueled.

It took me six weeks to get fat adapted, where I could drink a stick of butter and have it all digest properly, etc. But this
    (all while eating a healthy 1500-1800 calories a day)
    has me worried. I hope you're about 4 feet tall. Eat more, that might help!

x2 about electrolytes.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I don't care what this person does, I'm just stating a fact. By all means, GROK HARDER, it's your life. When you become "fat adapted" or whatever, that's just your body being accustomed to running on mostly stress hormones to fuel your body.

Fyi, I don't eat candy, unless you count gelatin gummy bears I make myself as candy.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    K. Not turning this innocent person's thread into a battle field. They read the book, they're sold on fat being better. There's no battle here. Sugar isn't the devil, either - fine, today I concede - but neither is it essential to health. Vilifying macronutrients is about as effective as...no metaphor. I'm tired. Darn, they usually just float right out, too!

I'd probably eat homemade gummis, too. Made kombucha jello last night. Was amazing. Almost no sugar in it, but amazing. :P

Stress hormones? Like cortisol? Maybe I'll zero carb for a week and have that test run at work, we'll see how stressful it really is. I've seen others here with great hormone numbers on low carb.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    It took me about 6 weeks to adapt.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

Lol, definitely not 4 feet tall... But I'm a 28 yo female, and am not crazy active (please don't lambaste me for that one, do the best I can), so I thought the calories were about right. I don't consciously limit calories (I just know them because of MyFitnessPal), but I haven't been terribly hungry. Which is one of the reasons I don't think it has to do with blood sugar levels or stress hormones as one person mentioned... I know the typical symptoms of hypoglycaemia and, besides the light-headedness and muscle stuff, I haven't had them (no huger pangs, no palpitations, no jitters, etc.). The electrolyte imbalance makes a lot more sense, I'm going to get on that ASAP. And the calories... What should I be aiming for??

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I don't care what this person does, I'm just stating a fact. By all means, GROK HARDER, it's your life. When you become "fat adapted" or whatever, that's just your body being accustomed to running on mostly stress hormones to fuel your body.
    Hey... I'm curious where you get this "fact"... I've got a pretty decent understanding of hormone function, and I've certainly seen the evidence to support how sugar consumption impacts your cortisol levels, but I'm unaware of how fat metabolism affects you cortisol. Also, your body actually can't "become accustomed" to running on cortisol... Cortisol is a temporary measure to get you through stressful times. That's why chronic stress leads to adrenal fatigue, rather than the consistent energy and improved neural function that people report from being in a fat adapted state...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast