Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eggs and bananas -- or, primal minimalism page

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member

Eggs and bananas -- or, primal minimalism

Primal Fuel
    In an effort to simplify my budget for the summer, I'm thinking about centering my diet around two of the most nutritious and inexpensive foods available to me -- pasture raised eggs, and bananas. Coming from a VLC background with no fruit, should I expect to see any major transformations in body composition? Also, should I look for some supplements to round out my nutritional profile?

Most likely, my day will look something like this:

Breakfast -- 3 eggs, butter, and either a half or a whole banana
    Lunch -- same as breakfast
    Dinner -- meat and veggies (most often it'll be grass fed beef with peppers, onions, and kale)

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Also, activity is tons of walking, sprinting 1-2 times per week, body weight exercises here and there

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Two whole bananas a day!?!?!?! Are you nuts??? Everyone knows that fructose is immediately stored as fat when combined with eggs!!!

I doubt you will see any negative effects. You might even find you feel better eating a couple bananas after VLC...
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i like that minimalism, it speaks to the food minimalist in me

and if it were me, i'd eat a quality multivitamin with it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Eat plantains and fish as well, and you should be good to go

Satisfy is offline Junior Member
    Im pretty minimal.

I have eggs everyday and atleast one banana (their insanely healthy!). I recommend supplementing fishoil somewhere.. or just eating fish which can be expensive. Multivatimins not such a bad idea.. i highly recommend vitamin D aswell it just a precursor to too many important bodily functions.

If your smashing the gym just add a postworkout protein shake into your mix. Definately keep kale and broccoli around!! Make salads with avacado in then. Make sure you cook with butter and get some coconut oil on tap

For deserts full fat greek yoghurt is great for casien protein plus your digestive system health (incredibly important!!). If you got cash to splash get a frozen berries mix for your yoghurt.

If your trying to lose weight or are interested definately try out intermittent fasting (more as a tool). Atm i loosely go no eating until between 2pm-8pm. Works great for me.. im gaining muscle too so their no bs muscle catabolism going on like you hear. Im living proof anyway..

I consider this minimalist but at the end of the day it still costs a lot. Its your health though!! I feel great too
    -safe is the new risky

Green Deane Guest
    Bananas are a lot of sugar (fructose.) However... a diet of eggs and tomatoes will keep one healthy and alive. (It's one of those test question things... if you could only take two foods to a remote island that would provide all the nutrients and calories you need to stay healthy what would they be?)

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I did ground beef, eggs and boiled potatoes for a few weeks. It is doable. Not sure with bananas, since they would make me over-eat. I seriously suggest adding ground beef. You can buy the cheapest, and wash the fat off after browning under hot water for eliminating bad fats.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    Take a peeled frozen banana and put it in a blender with a tablespoon of heavy cream. Blend till consistency of ice cream. You made banana ice cream

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Eggs n bananas. I like it. Especially when whipped together and fried into "pancakes."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast