Thread: Hills vs Prowler page

wolfman is offline Senior Member

Hills vs Prowler

Primal Fuel
    So, trying to get back into the primal swing of things, had a rough april and may with lots of work hours but summer is here and I have more time...I have my program all set up, nice and simple barbell workouts, but for conditioning I'm debating between using my friends prowler at his gym ( 30 min drive) or buying a weighted vest and running hills. thoughts?

Smartass99 is offline Junior Member
    Personally I would count on what you're going to do vice what is the best to do. Whether prowler or hill sprinting is better... I'm sure that's a large topic of debate. There are various articles out there advocating the use of exercises in lieu of the prowler, but then there are advocates that crown the prowler. Jim Wendler, my current favorite athlete/trainer/"insert title here" is a HUGE advocate of hill sprinting weekly, but also uses the prowler.

When it comes down to it... IF it were me... I would plan on hill sprinting for my normal go-to exercise, and I would certainly take the opportunity to use the prowler if/when my friend and I decided to work out together or if I happened to want to go to his gym for that day. Certainly mixing it up can't hurt; they're both killer exercises.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    In my opinion, the prowler is a slightly better exercise choice. But whichever one you're actually going to do should yield excellent results. So I agree with Smartass99.

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Not being a smartass...but what is a prowler?

boomingno is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B-D View Post
    Not being a smartass...but what is a prowler?
    A sled that you can put plates on and push/pull.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Cool, thanks Rich. Guess I've been using my kids and yard work for that kind of exercise...or dragging fallen limbs in the woods (microbial benefit to that workout), but it would be nice to have for the winter and rainy days.

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    Both are great. I host a "prowler Sunday" class at my CrossFit gym. Also, I try to do hill sprints at least twice a month. I just blogged about this subject here - The Need for Mind Games | Mentaltoughnessguy.com

good luck!