Thread: 124 lbs lost, 50 to go! page

HeatherW is offline Junior Member

124 lbs lost, 50 to go!

I'm new to the Primal Lifestyle and wanted to introduce myself!

Over the last 5 years I've lost 124lbs through good old fashioned calorie restriction and LOTS of exercise. I started out at 315 (I'm 5' 7") I got down to a low of 167 within a few years. I was very focused on calories in calories out and not at all focused on the nutritional density of my diet. Along the way I also fell in love with triathlon. I've completed lots of races including 3 Ironmans over the past few years. I've gotten into a bad habit of training my way down to @ 170, racing and then "celebration eating" my way back up to @ 200. The next year I follow the same unhealthy pattern. I restrict calories and exercise for hours a day. I get back down to 170, race and then eat my way back up to @ 200. I've done this every year for the past 3 years. I've finally had enough! I'd like to get to a healthy weight and stay there!

I found primal a month or so ago. I read Mark's book and it made a lot of sense to me. I've been following it pretty religiously for the past month and am down 10 lbs. I'm really hoping this is the "answer" for me. I want to get down to my ultimate goal weight of 140 and be fitter and stronger at 40 than I have ever been. I also want be free from the obsession with food I've had my whole life. I want to be able to just eat healthy food, not obsess about every morsel and maintain a healthy weight!

I'm glad to have found this forum. Lots of great info here!

Heather

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Heather! I hope Primal goes really well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations on your amazing success so far!! One of my favorite things about primal eating is that I no longer think about food all the time. I think you'll love it
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html