Thread: Dear Mark, Is CAFO Meat Ever Okay to Eat? page

kalen is offline Junior Member

Dear Mark, Is CAFO Meat Ever Okay to Eat?

Primal Fuel
    Dear Mark,

I'm really troubled by an article I recently read on Butter Believer.

Is CAFO Meat Ever Okay to Eat?

I have been operating with the understanding that grass-fed meat is best - but if you can't afford it, CAFO meat will just have to do. This article has made me seriously rethink that point. The big question asked (and the one I'm hoping you'll answer) is: "Is meat so critical to a healthy, traditional diet, that it should be included regardless of where it comes from?"

I would love it if you could read the article and give your thoughts on if CAFO meat is ever acceptable - or if you should stick with other sources of protein (such as eggs, grass-fed dairy, organs, etc. as mentioned in this article) and avoid CAFO meat entirely.

Thank you!
    Kalen

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for that, it's definitely made me think again about my meat consumption

peppermint is offline Member
    Of course we should eat good clean meat. I hated the smugness of all the vegans I knew when I tried that and I certainly don't like this guy. We're all doing what we can.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    On a day that I'd run out of pastured half and half, I was tempted to just grab a container of the conventional at the corner store. I looked at it, put my hand out to grab a pint, and my brain started reciting, "Puss in the milk, puss in the milk..." I couldn't do it. Better to put coconut oil in my coffee. It's merely about making choices.

The easiest way to turn the corner is to read both sides of the CAFO issue until you either decide it doesn't matter, or you get sick to your stomach. Asking one person isn't qualitatively better than believing what the gov't publishes.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite