Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding dressing on BAS page

Bukawww is offline Senior Member

Regarding dressing on BAS

Primal Fuel
    If I have a GIANT BAS with mixed greens, cucumber, sprouts, green pepper, tomato, pinch of cheese maybe, topped with HB eggs or some leftover meat...is it really so bad to top that in 2-3 TBS of ranch (even a more healthy/natural version)?

I really love my BAS but I cannot dig vinegar and/or oil...and without my BAS daily, I find myself lacking in the veggie dept...and the satisfied dept...

I might be rationalizing here (okay I am DEFINITELY rationalizing) but aren't I still getting all the health benefits of the goodness in my salad? Or does the ranch just totally wipe out the veg?

Would it be better to make my own mayo (bacon grease mayo anyone ) and find a nice MSG, etc free recipe for homemade ranch?

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Bukawww,

I gotta say, I ran into a lot of problems with o6, etc in commercial dressings. If you were to make your own mayo, then mix 1/2 and 1/2 with sour cream, could you make a dressing you would like? It's helped me a lot.

Bukawww is offline Senior Member
    I am totally open to making my own...and if I could make a mayo with a better oil and 1/2 sour cream, that could work for me? I definitely need to work on my O ratios. I am learning

ChristineCrain is offline Senior Member
    Yeah when I first started eating Primal I ate up the last of the commercial salad dressings in the 'fridge and I've been making my own since then. The oil/vinegar dressings are definitely the easiest so that's all I do now, but if you're really partial to Ranch dressing I'd say find a recipe you like and can keep making and stick with that.

If you find a decent one send it to me so I can make it for my husband. I don't like ranch myself but he eats the stuff with all his raw vegetables.
    ---
    ~Christine

Nasno is offline Senior Member
    I was bemoaning the fact that since going primal, I no longer have toast to mop up egg yolks, and the answer came to me this morning. I cooked up a few eggs over easy and tossed them on top of my BAS with some salt, pepper, and fresh herbs. Now I can have my yolks and dressing in one shot.

batty is offline Senior Member
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ranch-D...II/Detail.aspx

i've used this one in the past, loved it. you can also just mix the herbs and store them as a mix for stuff.
    Last edited by batty; 05-18-2010 at 06:56 AM.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Feanor78 is offline Senior Member
    I make warm coconut oil vinagrette, you just take a chunk of coconut oil, warm it up on the burner on low, and whisk in some balsamic vinegar and shallot salt/shallots... you have to whisk it pretty hard and pour it on immediately, but it tastes awesome.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    That's the same recipe I use batty! Tastes excellent but I rarely make it due to the sour cream in it.
    I grok, therefore I am.

Carnivore is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasno View Post
    I was bemoaning the fact that since going primal, I no longer have toast to mop up egg yolks, and the answer came to me this morning. I cooked up a few eggs over easy and tossed them on top of my BAS with some salt, pepper, and fresh herbs. Now I can have my yolks and dressing in one shot.
    That sounds delicious! I, too, have been seeking alternates to toast for mopping up egg yolks. Bacon and asparagus are nice alternatives too!

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestoclimb View Post
    That's the same recipe I use batty! Tastes excellent but I rarely make it due to the sour cream in it.
    yeah, same here

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast