Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glorified Health Food page 3

Pax
    Pax is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love Trader Joe's and shop there often. But it is a grocery store and you have to shop it like you would any other grocery store ("perimeter shopping" and basically avoiding most things that are not a "whole food").

As far as "glorified health foods," the first thing that comes to mind is pretty much any cereal. Oh, you're saying it's granola, whole grain or uses cane sugar instead of HFCS? STILL NOT VERY GOOD FOR YOU PEOPLE!! (Yes, sometimes I want to shout at people in the cereal aisle at the grocery stores, haha!).

Milk is another big one. I don't think that dairy is horrendous and I eat it sometimes (oh lordy I do love me some cheese!), but the way it gets pushed as this all-perfect food from the time we are little kids is ridiculous. Sure, you are first nourished by milk when you are a baby, but then MOM's milk is the perfect food, not cow milk! And if you ask most people why milk is good for you they'll say because of the calcium, which is actually found in high concentrations in so many other things like dark leafy greens, sardines & salmon, many nuts & seeds, etc.

Lastly, any of the frozen diet meals (Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, Weight Watchers). Man those are just plain CRAP! But so many people think they're being healthier by choosing one of those for lunch.

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Muscle Milk. Vegetable oils for fats.. mm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123