Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from the Noob! page

amyamaretto2783 is offline Junior Member

Hi from the Noob!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello, I'm Amy! My fiancÚ and I discovered the PB awhile ago...we've been on it before, with great success, only to "fall off the wagon". We like doughnuts...they're usually what gets us. Sigh. SO. Yesterday, after going to the doughnut store and losing our week-long battle with carb crashing, we decided to really commit ourselves to the primal lifestyle. Why not?! We feel fantastic when we're living primal. I've been fighting obesity my ENTIRE life. IBS, joint pain, low energy, poor sleep quality, etc, etc, etc. It's time to commit. So, today is day 1. I'd like to keep a journal....thinking it may help. Wish me luck!

Grok On! <3

Good luck!
    It must help that you've tried this before and liked it... I managed a stretch of fairly primal eating last year too and felt great... knowing that, it makes me wonder why I'm struggling to get going again this time!
    Good luck beating the sweet tooth... and let me know if you figure out the secret to resisting those cravings!

ldygeko is offline Member
    Here I am, wishing you luck! Grok on, Amy! It sounds like we have a lot in common also - IBS, joint pain, sleeping issues, obesity.... Today is my official Day 1 also! Thanks for stopping by my journal, figured I'd return the favor/encouragement. :-)
    Lady Gecko, a.k.a. Theresa.

Well thanks! Today is starting off well...I always start off with a couple cups of coffee. The first big thing I have overcome is the cream and sugar thing. I use coffee for the caffeine...I like the taste of high quality coffee, but if I get stuck with icky coffee I always have to add stuff to it. So now, I bring my organic Aztec blend EVERYWHERE, and I drink it black. No carbs, no additives, no toxic crap. Yay! That was a big step for me. Had a big plate of turkey and eggs with spinach for breakfast. It was good. I feel alright today. A little bogged down (at the end of my monthly "visitor", I'm usually still bloated and tired)...but soon that will be better. I took a Trazodone last night at 7:30 to help me sleep. I also have back spasms quite often, and yesterday it was bad. So I took a Flexeril. The combination has made me foggy today. It'll wear off around noon or so. I don't take the Flexeril unless absolutely necessary though. It knocks me out. I can't wait until I've been on PB for a year or so...I wonder if I'll be able to stop taking the meds for good. That would be wonderful. Have a good day everyone! Be healthy! Live well!

Grok On! <3

EmmaM is offline Member
    Oh, donuts are goood - they could very well be my downfall too, except I live in the sticks and the nearest shop that makes nice ones is 600km away.
    And icky coffee should be banned! The downfall of living in the sticks is that I can't get a decent one locally - so just make my own too
    Good luck with the primal journey.

So today is okay. Just dipped into my 20% for a larger than appropriate handful of chocolate chips. Sweet tooth from hell. Ugh. Other than that, my diet is good today. Haven't been very active yet, but tonight I'm going to do my planks, push-ups and squats, and take a nice long walk. That will make me feel better.

Be healthy! Live well!
    Grok on! <3

EmmaM is offline Member
    Yep, long walks fix many things, I including chocolate hangovers

Mmm chocolate. Lol. Okay, so today is awesome. I am so proud of myself for my ability to distract...myself. I'm totally at a birthday party right now. Know what they have at birthday parties? (Yes, they have presents, and people, and a delicious variety of finger foods. Usually they also have fire. And your annoying uncle joe bob.)

They have cake. Scrumptious, glorious, really-bad-for-my-primal-journey, cake. So right now I'm ignoring the passing out of cake. I'm sitting in the living room staring at my MDA forum app. Lol. But I'm not eating cake! Yay me!!

I'm on a 10 day NO SWEETS ALLOWED thing. It will help me adjust to eating healthy alternatives. Like instead of a snacking on a tablespoon of Chocolate almond butter, I'll take half a handful of cashews and a couple celery sticks. More filling, more satisfying. And my brain will get out of the habit of saying "SUGAR. NOW."
    Because I generally listen to the louder voice in my head. Lol.
    Talk atcha all tomorrow.

Be healthy! Live well!
    Grok on! <3

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    Nice, staring at the MDA forum app to thwart temptation; Brilliant!,
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

Lol thanks. This app proves to be a good focal point in a high-temptation situation.
    Today I'm on day 3 of the no sweets thing, and its going very well. Not one craving today. Bulwyf (my fiancÚ) and I just grilled up a couple pork steaks and thoroughly enjoyed them atop a bed of sauteed green beans for lunch. It was delicious. And very filling.
    I worked a 16 hour day (standard double) yesterday and let me tell you...7am to 11pm is a LONG day. I do it 2x a week...it's not a big deal most of the time. Yesterday was a good day...went by super fast until around 8. Then I started craving a pop tart. Lol how dumb. Those things are so unhealthy. I read the back of the box to reassure myself that I REALLY don't want to eat one. If worked for the most part. But I still wanted sweets. I almost caved for a few dark chocolate chips. But I reminded myself that the entire reason for avoiding sweets is because I'm ALWAYS justifying sweet snacks! I can't be in the habit of eating sweets every time my brain says "Hey. You. Lets eat something that's bad for you. We'll start eating better TOMORROW."

No more! I'm 30 years old. I've been overweight since I was 6. Enough already! The emotional eating is ALWAYS what gets me though. Every time I'm stressed, irritated, sad, mad, etc... Food, food, food. And what "fixes" my pain? Processed carbs.

No more!!
    I am in control. I am the only one that can say enough is enough. I want more for myself. I want to be healthy. Have energy. Be able to run and play with my kids. Work an 8 hour stretch without an Aleve (or something stronger). I can't do this anymore.

My mother died of type 2 diabetes 5 years ago. She was 46 years old. My father has struggled with chronic pain and drug/alcohol addiction most of his life (and all of mine...)
    I want more for my children. I WILL be the type of mother I always dreamed of being. I WILL be healthy enough to chase them around and build forts and ride roller coasters and swim at the beach without wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I WILL live to do all those same wonderful things with my grandchildren.
    Have a good day friends!!

Be healthy! Live well!
    Grok on! <3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast