Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from the Noob! page 2

ldygeko is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Amy - GREAT ATTITUDE! You are rocking this? Or maybe Grokking? :-) Keep on keepin on, woman, you're doing great!
    Lady Gecko, a.k.a. Theresa.

amyamaretto2783 is offline Junior Member
    Thank YOU! Grokin' it. I like that. Lol.

Be healthy! Live well!
    Grok on! <3

So today was great. Woke up kinda in a bad mood but it was over something silly and I'm over it now. Lol.
    Ate well today.
    Breakfast: 3 eggs, small potato, an onion...scrambled together, salsa on top, small side cottage cheese.
    Dinner: 2 burger patties, extra large salad, aaaand a beer.
    Snack: spinach tomato turkey rollup.
    Drank tons of water. I got the idea to make lemon infused water and man is it good. It makes me drink more water. Had 2 cups coffee today. Did planks, push-ups (knee) and squats. My thighs are killing me. Lol.
    Had such a nice time with my family and our friends tonight. Went to a BBQ, the kids had a blast. I even went a bit outside of my normal comfort zone and wore an above the knee dress. I've lost a few pounds...feels good.
    Now, I'm gonna go take a shower and spend some time with my man. Maybe read a bit. Have a good rest of the week everyone!

Be healthy! Live well!
    Grok on! <3

Oh and took my kids to the river and did beach sprints!! I'm gonna feel those tomorrow!!!

Be healthy! Live well!
    Grok on! <3

ashamahleyyy is offline Junior Member
    Love reading your journal! I feel like you're writing my exact thoughts LOL it's tough the first week to 'detox' but it's all downhill from there. Keep it up!

AMY you are definitely grokking it! Beach sprints!!!! You're doing great, seriously. KUTGW!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hello Amy!

Sweet tooth should be my middle name... I did a Whole 30 once, several months after I started the Primal - my kids were wondering where their original mother had gone, since the one they had during that month was a bbbbbiiiiii...... But in the end I am glad I did it. Good luck!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Sorry been away for a few days! Been busy. Working, mostly. I desperately need to get a cheesecake recipe posted...promised I would like a week ago lol. Doing okay! Fell off the wagon for a day. I had my CNA state exams on Friday and I passed! Both tests! With flying colors! Yayyy! So I bought myself a "s'more". One of the new packaged ones by Russell Stovers. They're kind of amazing, but I love S'mores more than life, so you could say I'm biased lol.
    Tomorrow I work 7am to 11pm. 16 hours, ugh. Then I go home for 8 hours and do it again. But then I don't work for almost 4 days, so it's worth it. Tonight my man made this amazing goulash thing for dinner. I don't even k ow what all was in it. Peas, ground chicken, onion, garlic, tomatoes and a bunch of other stuff. He just throws stuff together and it comes out heavenly. I'm so lucky my man can cook. I'm a pretty darn good cook but sometimes, I don't wanna!
    Did planks and push-ups today, went for about an hour hike with friends. Would've walked longer but the other girls in the group weren't really "feeling it". It's okay, we had fun.
    FiancÚ told me today I'm really starting to slim down. He always makes me feel sexy but it still feels good to know he notices my effort. Good day!
    I'm gonna get to bed, busy day tomorrow. Talk to you all soon!

Be healthy! Live well!
    Grok on! <3

Grats on passing those CNA tests! WTG! Sounds like you're definitely grokkin it this week, Amy!

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're doing really well physically and feeling happy to boot! Nice to have such good support from your SO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12