Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Zanna's Journal page 5

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Haha "frosty stares", nice.

I don't think I've picked strawberries...ever! Pretty sure I missed that outing in elementary school . Sounds like a fun trip, if I had a need for strawberries.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Lol, it's usually sweaty, dirty and hot but I don't mind that. The strawberries are amazing, so different than what you can get, even when buying the organic stuff. It's a super short season and I hope I can get it done this weekend, because the kids and I are headed to FL next week. Yay!

To get ready for FL, I just made a bikini waxing appt. ugh. I'm not squeamish about pain or the indignities of spreading my legs so a stranger can coat my bits with hot wax and rip hair out at the root but . . . Well, so I'm not squeamish but it's not fun. It's so nice afterwards though, and I like not having to worry about shaving or anything for a while. I'd like to try laser removal - I have dark hair and light skin, which is ideal for lasering, but haven't gotten around to doing it. I researched some of those do-it-yourself systems, but I'd like to hear from a real person how well that works.

Meh. It's rainy today, just like my mood. I stayed up way too late last night, which never does anything to absolve myself of early morning duties. Husband promised to get up to handle the early morning stuff but slept until I had done it all, including an 8AM trip to the printers for a school project I just learned about last night. I log into work at 7:15 ish and check email while the kids eat but didn't check in until 8:30. Makes me feel like I'm behind.

Aaaaaand, we have a couples therapy appointment today, which I'm just dreading. Not feeling talky or cooperative, while husband is pretty chipper due to his sleeping in. One good thing about this rain is that I might be able to play racquetball tonight, which will be the therapy for my therapy lol.

Therapy was as miserable as expected, but that's a sign of progress. And the playoff game was rained out, so I was able to play racquetball. I have to be more careful of what I eat during the day if I'll be playing at night. I had 2 eggs, some potato, sardines, a small nectarine and a small grapefruit. My match was at 5 and man, was I jittery. Got a little dizzy in the first game and had a hard time settling down. It felt good to whack the little blue ball around - I am hopefully playing again on Friday.

Was super hungry after playing, so had some leftover mashed potatoes and sauce from a chicken dish I made earlier in the week, over eggs. The original dinner was delicious - left over roasted chicken cooked in some tallow with diced onions. Sprinkled a couple of tablespoons of potato flour to make a sort of roux and turned the heat up. Then poured in hot homemade chicken stock I made with the roasted chicken bones (and a few lamb bones that were kicking around) and whisked together until the sauce thickened. Added some heavy cream and served over the mashed potatoes. So yummy - my kids didn't even gripe about getting that for leftovers the next night. Unusual, heh. I was able to freeze a couple of quarts of stock, too.

I have lamb liver in the fridge that I need to do something with - pâté, maybe? That's easy and is always tasty. The hubby won't be home for the next couple of days, so I have the kitchen to myself. And the house. And the bed. thank god it's only one week until my vacation with the kids to visit my mom in FL. Haven't taken time off in about 7 months and the cracks are showing.

Man, I need to get back to doing yoga. I was going 2-3 times a week and felt really good. Now, it's been weeks because the baseball games conflict with the times I usually do yoga. Is it wrong to hope for more rain tonight so I can do the yoga class? Don't know where my discipline has gone - I used to do Pilates at home every day, should be able to do yoga too. But, there is something about being in a class that motivates me. Maybe I can scan Netflix and see if they have any classes.

Boring food day, for the most part. Eggs, broth, gelatin, fruit, sardines, fruit. Took the boys to Buffalo Wild Wings for supper after a crushing playoff loss that ended younger son's tournament season. Had a few wings, which were ok, but not great. More gelatin with cocoa and off to bed. Thank god I didn't try to stay up and finish the hockey game. Holy double overtime, batman! You know, Boston, if you insist on these crazy long games, please have the decency to win. Meh, suck it Chicago.

I wonder if there is anything wrong with just eating eggs and fruit for a while. I don't really want anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I wonder if there is anything wrong with just eating eggs and fruit for a while. I don't really want anything else.
    Probably not. Do it till you're sick of it then move on

So what's this gelatin cocoa I'm reading about? Sounds interesting.

It's a drink I make to increase gelatin consumption. I mix a tablespoon of powdered gelatin with powdered cocoa (I like a Dagoba Mexican cocoa right now), then add cold water to cover while stirring. Actually, I put some water to boil on the stove first. Once the gelatin/cocoa/cold water mix starts to thicken, add boiling water and keep stirring until gelatin has dissolved. Sometimes I add a bit of heavy cream at the end too. Is not bad and I can't taste anything but cocoa, so that's good. I keep reading about gummy candy recipes for gelatin but have been too lazy to get that going.

Sounds worth trying to me! Gelatin candies sound good too, but I am definitely too lazy to get into that anytime soon.

Ugh, so tired today. I gave in and had Advil PM last night, but didn't get to sleep until 11:45ish, then woke at 545, so feeling sluggish. Have to get the kids ready for school so no sleeping in. After tomorrow, it's officially summer vacation so I can sleep til 8 or 8:30 if I need to. I tell myself every day that I can always nap on the couch if I need to, but usually start feeling good after 10 AM and just et through the rest of the day. Was going to get a pedicure today as part of my pre-FL trip preparation but may actually take a nap at lunchtime instead. That's going to depend on how cute the Merrell thong sandals are (due to come today, thank you Amazon Prime!). If they are cute enough for me to immediately put on, the toes will get done.

I'm trying to get one or two things done each day so I don't end up with a bunch of stuff packed into one day, since I'm driving to MA to see my dad on Sunday. Toes today, nails tomorrow, farmer's market and workouts on Saturday, various house cleaning each day, bikini wax on Tuesday. I don't know why my brain thinks its so important to wash the floors before I leave but it does. Also, the guy I'm playing racquetball with tomorrow is really hot, so I have motivation to get the girls stuff done because . . . I don't know, he cares about painted toes that he won't even see? "Darlin', your head's not right..."

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    "Darlin', your head's not right..."
    LOL, but I know just what you mean. It's like wearing pretty undies even when you know there's not a chance in hell "he's" going to see them.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast