Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zanna's Journal page 3

ProjectT is offline Junior Member
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi - and that I'm enjoying your journal! Your writing is hilarious! I'm also in the northeast and spent this entire hot weekend at the kid's baseball game - so I feel your pain. :/ anyway - this may be my first post...will do a proper intro and perhaps my own journal at some point.
    Keep up the good work!

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectT View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi - and that I'm enjoying your journal! Your writing is hilarious! I'm also in the northeast and spent this entire hot weekend at the kid's baseball game - so I feel your pain. :/ anyway - this may be my first post...will do a proper intro and perhaps my own journal at some point.
    Keep up the good work!
    Hi ProjectT - thank you for stopping in! I am enjoying the journaling - found I'm not even using it that much for food tracking. Oh, we just had one hell of a thunderstorm, took the edge off the heat quite a bit. There was even some hail!

Yesterday was good food day, I think.

Bone broth with gelatin
    3 eggs with mined onion cooked in coconut oil
    Cup of grapes
    Plum
    1/2 cup chicken salad
    Sardines
    1 pink grapefruit
    1 nectarine
    Some roasted chicken, not sure how much. Just a couple of wings.
    Green beans
    Dagoba Mexican cocoa with gelatin

Sleep
    Ugh. My 3 days long experiment into sleeping with no assistance from wine, Tylenol PM and the like has proven that I am a really fitful sleeper. Bright little dream segments where I feel like I'm not even sleeping. I only realize that I've slept when I wake up for the umpteenth time and realize I'm in my bed and not doing dream stuff. I should probably try to write it down. It's all gone now, but it was definitely clear right after I'd wake. I feel pretty rested but am hoping for longer dream segments as the nights go on.

No workout yesterday but I am playing racquetball tonight. Whee!

amyamaretto2783 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Zanna! He's my fiancÚ. We're getting married next April! I love his beard, he's growing it out so he can braid it.
    Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Have another good one today!!!

Be healthy! Live well!
    Grok on! <3

A braidable red beard, pretty cool!

So I thought today would be a good food day - had all the usual suspects: eggs, fruits, sardines, more fruits, gelatin-based drinks. And I made a delicious ground beef curry for dinner - everyone devoured it. Served it with rice, which I haven't really eaten in a while. My stomach currently hates me. Should I blame the rice? I thought that was pretty innocuous, but maybe I'm wrong? Following it up with the Caramel Assault ice cream singing its siren song from the freezer is probably a galactically bad idea.

No workout today - I was so looking forward to racquetball, but baseball rules my world right now. Both kids play, and on different leagues, so it's really hard to keep to the schedule I like. I'll take a walk tomorrow, Thursday and Friday are baseball-free. There will be racquetball on Friday, dammit. I need to find more partners, so I can play several times a week.

amyamaretto2783 is offline Junior Member
    Ice cream would be gastronomical suicide for me lol.

Be healthy! Live well!
    Grok on! <3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I love the pic of your kitty stretched out on his back under the table! LOL Gorgeous cat.

Sorry to hear about the sleep problems. I had one of those "didn't know I was dreaming" dreams the other night. In the dream, I was laying in bed and something was wrong with my laptop. When I tried to check it out, a deck of cards, one by one, started falling out of it. I woke up thinking, "WTF?" then realized I'd been dreaming and had fallen asleep with my laptop on top of me.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Ice cream would be gastronomical suicide for me lol.
    I did not eat the ice cream Had some cocoa and went to bed. My stomach settled down before going to sleep - I'm thinking I probably just ate too fast on an empty stomach. I slept really well, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I love the pic of your kitty stretched out on his back under the table! LOL Gorgeous cat.

Sorry to hear about the sleep problems. I had one of those "didn't know I was dreaming" dreams the other night. In the dream, I was laying in bed and something was wrong with my laptop. When I tried to check it out, a deck of cards, one by one, started falling out of it. I woke up thinking, "WTF?" then realized I'd been dreaming and had fallen asleep with my laptop on top of me.
    Haha, love the laptop dream. I have dreams like that all the time - the most common one is where I'm dreaming that I'm sleeping but about to fall out of bed. That dream will go on an endless sort of loop, with the falling on floor bit getting stronger and stronger until I wake up all disoriented thinking I'm on the floor. I've never actually fallen in real life during one of these dreams but its convincing enough to wake me up. Those dreams happen when I'm napping on the couch during the day. Kind of a "WTF are you sleeping for - its the middle of the day!" dream.

Another common one, before I started working from home, was for my dreaming self to concoct a reason that I wasn't going in to work. While asleep at 4:30ish in the AM, I'd run through scenarios, pick the one least likely to get me fired, then would call in to work and settle back into a deeply relaxing sleep. None of this is real, of course. I'd wake up in a panic, usually only 10 minutes late and it would mess up my whole day. The subconscious is a powerful thing

No walk yesterday due to 1st playoff game for youngest son. They won, woohoo! All jacked up on victory and sunflower seeds, he happily committed himself (and me) to the All Stars team. This is not a baseball team for kids who want to have fun; this is serious business. You have to sign a contract that says the player will not schedule vacations, miss any practices or games, or behave in any way that might negatively impact the team's goal of being in the Little League World Series. Players may have been a 'star' player on their spring team; that doesn't mean you can actually play baseball nor will you be guaranteed any playing time. Players unfortunate enough to experience an an injury preventing play will be remembered posthumously with all fondness after they give their defective bodies up to the baseball gods in ritual blood sacrifice.

Poor kid, we are going to Florida the 20th - 25th. He might not make the team just because of that or maybe video submission of him not having fun while the kids back home are at practice will suffice. Sigh. I've tried to avoid committing to the intense summer traveling leagues for years now. It takes over the entire summer for everyone in the family AND its even more time I have to spend with the uber-intense parents who are usually on- board for this kind of thing. Maybe I'm anti-social.

In other thoughts, feeling pretty awesome health-wise. Backing off veggies, booze, sleep aids and late bedtimes has been oddly restorative. Who knew?

More baseball tonight - getting exercise has been difficult. No games tomorrow or practices, plus we are due for monsoon-like quantities of rain so racquetball will happen tomorrow night.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I canned for the first time last year (my grandma gave me her supplies, including jars in ancient cardboard boxes), but just made applesauce. I hope I can make more this year and will use smaller jars so I can dish more out as gifts!

I totally understand your fear of the pressure cooker. I don't want it to explode . I know some people will let it run outside, just in case, which seems like a good idea to me. Nom Nom Paleo (blogger) uses one a lot and probably has some links to using them safely etc.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast